240Z Drift Car

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After figuring out we didn't have enough monies for ASB this weekend we decided we might aswell host our own event for us to make some skids.

temporary_zps85b62196.jpg

The it was time to take care of some things before hand. Got some adjustable front coils to replace the current ones and urethane kit was on its way.

temporary_zps7bc81f31.jpg

temporary_zpse1887066.jpg

Steering coupler was finished in a jiffy .

temporary_zpse6674a13.jpg

Did my control arm arm bushing aswell.....of course that shit.. Was easy too but the old control arm bolt decided to completely cease in the bushing which required me to cut the bolt...

temporary_zps11f5f8f8.jpg

Putting the rack bushings in was kinda Tricky to get them to seat properly but we got them in.

temporary_zps57d4ff98.jpg

Blow torch, wire wheel and knife made the mustache bar bushings quite easy

temporary_zpse57419cc.jpg

Found nail in my tire a week prior to this and I pulled it out. Came back to it and it looks this. Luckily there was some 16's at work at put them on

temporary_zps9a8e9710.jpg

Set me up on 195/50....at the track went over a storm drain and all the tread came off with it. Luckily only one side

temporary_zps93429424.jpg

And lastly the crossmember bushings were put in few days before event day.

temporary_zps80d4e784.jpg

With a few phone calls, meet ups, packing, and last minute maintenance it was time to make the 200-220 mile round trip to Thunderhill.

temporary_zps6e9a5b9f.jpg

First time driving the car on track, first Time drifting in this car , and first time hostin our own event was quit a blast. I have some GoPro footage but mainly I wasn't concerned on recording since I just wanted to drive.

temporary_zps1a2ed8ea.jpg

Also acquired a new job That i start next monday and looking into some possible fixes for the Z since I have some hardcore axle click, weird clutching in noises at freeway speed and my 9.5's are smacking the tension rod. Next event we are trying to attend are Sonoma Drifts Winter Jam which all three of us are going to try to attend which requires cages and essentials.

Till next time!

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151975501104976&l=1813171015127780824

heres a quick gopro video from that weekend. Dont mind the clunk noise a few bolts in the rear end came loose.

1425531_625282020855335_580013185_n.jpg

1384050_625282077521996_432997878_n.jpg

1453288_625282207521983_16467154_n.jpg

1425531_625282530855284_1642930720_n.jpg

car looks like ass and its really starting to weigh on me that it needs to change. Front is with marcus fry for some angle mods upfront, so i have some time to think about it.

• 3 weeks later...

After some skid racin a few weeks ago the lack of steering angle was very apparent but DOABLE so those who keep saying its almost impossible to drift these cars be quiet lol. It is alittle more difficult say than a silvia, ae86,fc,etc. Ive talked to Marcus Fry countless times about what to do for steering angle.

temporary_zpsb484b1b8.jpg

temporary_zps0acf9b12.jpg

So he suggested on extending tie rods and LCA'S a bit also mentioning my wheels were hitting the tension rods at full lock you sought out to do something about it aswell. I'll take a pic at full lock alittle later. I still had my T3 plates from awhile ago so I ask to get them installed aswell but seems my passenger side align is WAY off compared to the driver side which i had this proble even before ipI went to marcus. Again more pics later.

temporary_zps0fe4bfce.jpg

For now my car is now one color and got some wiring goodies to start on. Till the next update

• Like 1

Seems the Z has the same steering lock problem as a ZX. PPK basically just took a chunk out of his control arm to get more lock, and he also sections the tie rod mount closer to make turning easier. check his thread about him modding his flca's

Um no.........the ZX is rear steering so the steering lock is completely different worlds considering the s30 is front steering. I have more angle now just doing what I've had done and the angle was sufficient enough that I didn't need to section my knuckles but I will be doing anyway, more angle will become harder to come out of since it a manual rack. So your telling me he shortened everything?

What have you done so far to increase angle? Just more camber up front?

temporary_zpsb484b1b8.jpg

Angle wise my tie rods and control arms have been extended I think about 2 inches each If I remember correctly and the rack limiters have been removed aswell for more angle. Next going to shorten my knuckles to get alittle more and that will be it until I figure out some type of power steering setup or mess with the rack location. I'm actually satisfied with what I have right now from "street testing" I have enough angle to manji without the rear end coming around or running out of rpms from shallow lines. At this point I have tad bit more angle that my friends Stock s14 and with little work I can get more.

• 2 weeks later...