240Z Drift Car

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Next drift event is Pro-Am will be covering that event aswell aslong as I get a media pass. 

i've been meaning to attend a drift event. I've never been to one lol. 

I wouldn't mind watching or doing the drifting  :lol:

Not to stray far from your thread, but wheres the event going to be held?  

Well Marshall (stupidfast) came by to lend a hand to see if he can see something i wasnt.

temporary_zps586723ab.jpg

temporary_zps867faca9.jpg

But after about hour he thught the samething i did....wtf, start already. Everything ignition related was working fine but a yellow spark made us wonder if the coil was took a poopoo. So we decided that it was possiblilty and marshall offered to grab his coil and dizzy to see if anything changes.

temporary_zpsbc115682.jpg

temporary_zpsb9fddfa4.jpg

Homie thomas came by in his Rocket S14 to come chill while i decided might aswell do my wheel studs.

temporary_zpsa3221c66.jpg

Marshall then arrived after picking up his Datsun from the shop from nail in a tire and down to wire fix. We then tried his dizzy and coil ending up with the same results, although i did take the fittings to carbs off and ran the fuel pump for a sec to see if any fuel was coming out. The fuel was coming out but barely enough so maybe a new lead, until next time peepz.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

580253_10151557023904976_1888326842_n.jp

A quick update. There is none. I got the car running about two weekends ago but my current schedule doesnt allow me to work on my car where it is. My car is currently Limitless motorsports trying to figure out whats going on because for some reason I'm not making any torque whatsoever. On another note the Z had to be moved because the car was threatened to be towed out of the area and constantly being harassed when I move the car for street cleaning. Im starting a job with a better penny average that the current one I have now, so things will go from there.  Playing with the idea of parting out the motor and just getting either another l-series or something rb/jz/4ag 20v just nothings thats a v8. Thats it for now theres some new things on the car but i wont address till I a positive post. 

Compression test and/or leak-down test ?

Timing chain stretch check ?

If the fawker is flooding it will do strange things...

sexy carbs.... do like !

me and you both hence the "consideration" its just a thought since its already at the shop and they can help do so. I will be working on it all saturday hopefully, i'd be working on it now if it wasnt for ancient grumpy ass old lesbian booch bitches and expired retards :sleep:.

Edit: Plan on doing a compression, leakdown test, check for weak spark, timing (again), swap dizzy module, anything i can think of. Its just agitating with the car going up and down constantly

me and you both hence the "consideration" its just a thought since its already at the shop and they can help do so. I will be working on it all saturday hopefully, i'd be working on it now if it wasnt for ancient grumpy ass old lesbian booch bitches and expired retards :sleep:.

That's un-fortunate Alex :-/ 

Well hopefully the Ratsun gods grant you a sliver of time and the issue pops right out for you/the shop to fix man !

• 1 month later...

temporary_zpsd8384b72.jpg

After taking a break from drifting, photography, and the girlfriend it was time to finally do something about the Z. After having a moment of weakness and putting it up for trade but it would only last a week. After going to the Datsun fun run it made me consider in keeping my Z, Marshall "stupid fast" mentioned awhile back that he had an L28 sitting so I figured why not..

temporary_zps29d01588.jpg

Taking out my L24 for later use, I got to work to prep the L28 in a night ........

7b65441bf6bbda1cceb821f8a6ad248b_zpsf724

temporary_zps6a5e437a.jpg

After this sitting for months I figured it was time put this in since I had acces to a lift....makes for great skids, how do I know?

temporary_zpsf813a61a.jpg

Because within the two days I dedicated time to this I swapped out the engine to diff and got it running. Problem was my hesitation or flatlining was still present. Which finally narrowed it down to three things from the dizzy,coil or the fact I didn't have an FPR. Marshall came through for me with an spare e12-80 and finally I got to rev up the car and made a quick skid.

temporary_zpsa3221c66.jpg

Needa do some minor R&R to get it roadworthy but it's good to know I can go on small runs for the time being. Marshall (stupidfast) really came in for me! Now for moar low and get some dam progress!!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

1116004_10151750208878891_915730918_o.jp

Today me and stupid fast went on over to san leandro for vintage auto salon. Headed to marshalls to meet up to do this in picture above to cover the rust and crap ass sunroof.for the show so it wont look like complete dookie. Got good feedback from it and i actually like it until I find a passenger door and fender.

1170741_10151805308094976_1925854265_n.j

finally put all four wheels on to make the car look a tad bit better and threw my busted up ass lip for kick. Tires rub a bit still but that will change once i get 205/50 all around or something close to it. As we were leaving my throttle cable snapped *wompwomp* but jerry rigged it and got on our way

1149073_10151805281289976_1989632652_n.j

Today was  good day for the Z's first voyage with little problems like a leaking fuel line, broken throttle cable, and rubbing tires it went pretty smooth with no suprises. Next up is to start sorting the small things out and figuring out what im doing with the front suspension

• Like 1

578991_584928844890653_1353287002_n.jpg

Well the car has been pretty good lately and I got to actually make it to Vintage Auto Salon in San Leandro a old school J-tin meet and then.......

1157531_10151595377773030_984231937_n.jp

86Fest in Oakland at Toyote One Dealership. It was a great day other than a few hiccups the car drove relatively smooth the entire time.

944622_10151595378838030_80345400_n.jpg

Me and the homies wanted to go take some group pics for da social media realm....

539687_10151595379958030_2005049016_n.jp

As we were setting up I noticed the steering was alittle funny..... we took the picture and then my friend saw a broken bolt on the floor which another thought it was his tranny bolt or something.

994591_10151807922149976_245087308_n.jpg

Somehow my bumpsteer/spinldle bolt snapped when we pulled into the shooting spot which was weird since it happened while i was going straight rather turning or anything. Still dont know what caused it but I fixed the following morning although it cost me a trip over to Sonoma to cover their Summer Jam event. At the moment Im happy with the car and looking to improve its daily use.