Question for the 610/710 folks

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix

Any pictures??? Could be a badge someone else installed for fun, or could be a overseas version......perhaps from Mexico.

Pictures speak louder than words....:mellow:

Jaime._____________________________________________________

I came across what looks like a 610/710 wagon. The thing that is kind of throwing me off is that it had a badge in the rear corner that said Datsun1800. Is that a badge they usually had on them or is this unusual?

It's very unusual. All the NA cars said 610 or 710. I'd bet that's a 180b badge from overseas. Or better yet, a car from overseas. :D

It's very unusual. All the NA cars said 610 or 710. I'd bet that's a 180b badge from overseas. Or better yet, a car from overseas. :D

Could be from canada? I think canada got some models that never made it to the US and I assume used some diffrent badging..

Car is left hand drive and looks pretty normal to me. I'll get some pics and look over it more.

It is a 610, US specification. Like previously stated, a very early one. The dealer brochure had '1800' emblems on the side as well. There is one that went to the Canby show last year, his is also a very early 610 with 1800 badges. I think they went to the 610 emblems in November of 1972.

That is a VERY early production 610 wagon. But definitely a 610 wagon.

Is it for sale??? I would kill for that...

Yeah... kinda forsale... its all complete has a mean hit in the front fender... and the reason it got parked was because some one hit a baseball in to the rear glass. :(

Engine bay looks kinda... rough.. could need a carb too.. don't remember what the guy said..

I personally don't touch 610/710's Parts are next to impossible to find here. I think I've seen maybe a handful of 610/710's in person.

Yeah... kinda forsale... its all complete has a mean hit in the front fender... and the reason it got parked was because some one hit a baseball in to the rear glass. :(

Engine bay looks kinda... rough.. could need a carb too.. don't remember what the guy said..

I personally don't touch 610/710's Parts are next to impossible to find here. I think I've seen maybe a handful of 610/710's in person.

I know where to get the rear piece of glass...OEM to boot!

I also love how the really early ones have the holes in the fenders for the JDM fender mirrors. :D

But it's a real bear to get the fender mascots to cover them up.

2eDeYe;59192']Nice and straight. Stock down to the hubcaps :cool:

How much? Any pic's of the damaged fender?

Uhh, I don't know a number. I'd have to ask and see if they are 100% on selling it. It'd like be maybe $500ish or maybe less? They don't seem to care about the vehicles all that much. They'd rather see em gone than people taking pieces.

The damage on the fender wasn't too bad. Looks like it could be hammered out. It was pushed in right above the top of the wheel.

Got some pics of the fender damage.

0517081333.jpg

OUCH!!!!!!! That would take a lot of love to get that to work again. Better off getting a fiberglass fender until a metal one comes along, especially since it is a '73. But a set of '74 fenders, with the front bumper, and a SSS grille would be real damn nice on that car.:D

That front bumper look cherry!

Good find Richard, dont let it go to the crusher!!

I don't think it'll go to the crusher for quite a while. Although I won't be picking it up myself. I have too many datsuns at the moment.

So, some one will have to come get it, although with gas prices the way they are that'll be pretty unlikely

• 1 month later...

You know, lately i've been in a very DATSUN mood. Considering buying this wagon (if I get my 510 wagon on the road :rolleyes:) I know of another 610 sedan I could nab some parts off of... I know some of the early 610's are diffrent from later 610's, but at what year did they switch?

Anyways, think I should nab this one? I know very little about the 610's (think they are kinda ugly) but lately I feel the need to collect some datsuns and this one is likely pretty cheap. :D

I know some of the early 610's are diffrent from later 610's, but at what year did they switch?

Around early '74 IIRC. Check the chassis code. Early cars are PL610, later cars are HL610.

Anyways, think I should nab this one? I know very little about the 610's (think they are kinda ugly) but lately I feel the need to collect some datsuns and this one is likely pretty cheap. :D

You know my rule; if you got room to store it, buy it. :cool:

You know, lately i've been in a very DATSUN mood. Considering buying this wagon (if I get my 510 wagon on the road :rolleyes:) I know of another 610 sedan I could nab some parts off of... I know some of the early 610's are diffrent from later 610's, but at what year did they switch?

The wagons are waaaaay rarer than the sedan or even the coupe. PM me about the sedan parts - I could use some fresh panels (doors, glass, etc).