Zerow's 610 4-door

zerow

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the replies! The car is really a labor of love. I cannot wait to strap my son in the backseat like I was when I was his age and go for a long cruise. Family car, maybe. But this one has style!:cool:

Guest jaimesix

Hey Zerow.

Once my car is on the road, I want to install a kill switch and other deterrent devices, hope you can give me a hand with the planning, I know you are some sort of McGiver kind of guy!

That will also be an opportunity to check the sedan at close range!:)

jaime.______________________________________________________

Hey Zerow.

Once my car is on the road, I want to install a kill switch and other deterrent devices, hope you can give me a hand with the planning, I know you are some sort of McGiver kind of guy!

That will also be an opportunity to check the sedan at close range!:)

jaime.______________________________________________________

Oh, i've got some great ideas, no worries there! You can check out the sedan up close anytime you're in town.

lights, .paint and trim look great nice job . from the photo thats a very clean 610:)

Thanks buddy! She is a long way off from complete. I have a few more mods to handle before I can say she's done. The taillight harness is complete (more like a complete no-brainer). I'm taking the one from the sport coupe. I didn't know all three bulbs are dual filament !!!:D

Nice 610 mate:cool:

Are 4doors rare in usa?

Thanks for the compliment!

Rare? I know of two 4-door projects here in Southern California, mine and one from San Diego, so I would have to say yes to that question. Most of the "cool" projects are two doors, as the 4 door and wagon 610s are family cars and not considered performance cars.

Guest jaimesix
Thanks for the compliment!

Rare? I know of two 4-door projects here in Southern California, mine and one from San Diego, so I would have to say yes to that question. Most of the "cool" projects are two doors, as the 4 door and wagon 610s are family cars and not considered performance cars.

Let me exclude myself from that asessment Zerow, I always saw the potential in sedans. Had I gotten one before my coupe, I would be the third one sedan in the works!:)

Most consider the 2 door a sportier ride, only pundits know better!;)

Jaime.______________________________________________________

I knew you'd chime in on this Jaime - I know your love of a 4 door.

I would never run a two door, albeit the lines are clean, I want the versitility of the 4 door. No getting out of my seat to let friends or my son in the car. No kicking the upholstery as you get in/out of the car. No one telling me to move my seat up or the passenger to move their seat up to accomodate the rear seat passenger(s). And the biggest reason...

My sedan weighs less than the coupe! :D

Guest jaimesix
I knew you'd chime in on this Jaime - I know your love of a 4 door.....

.....And the biggest reason...

My sedan weighs less than the coupe! :D

Thanks for the tip...I will have to get rid of some ballast....:D

Jaime.________________________________________________________

• 4 weeks later...

:(

No JCCS for me this year, guys. I will be there to visit and chat, just no 610.

I re-injured my back over the weekend, and will be out of contention for this year. 8-12 weeks for rest and recuperation, and I still may be having a hard time after that.

Thanks for the votes of confidence on the project, she will still be under wraps for the time being. Just no heaving lifting...

Guest jaimesix
:(

No JCCS for me this year, guys. I will be there to visit and chat, just no 610.

I re-injured my back over the weekend, and will be out of contention for this year. 8-12 weeks for rest and recuperation, and I still may be having a hard time after that.

Thanks for the votes of confidence on the project, she will still be under wraps for the time being. Just no heaving lifting...

Sorry about that Zerow.

Let me know if I can help you with your car .

Jaime.__________________________________________________________

I love the 4doors! I think they look the closest in purpotion to the old Laurels... whats the stance gonna be like when its finished?

I will need to post the latest pics (pre-back injury).

The back is the height I'm looking for. Just enough to get my hand over the tire and scrape my knuckle on the fenderwell.

Sorry about that Zerow.

Let me know if I can help you with your car .

Jaime.__________________________________________________________

Thanks Jaime. I appreciate that. I will be working on many of the interior bits as this thing heals up.

• 7 months later...

zerow still need an extra hand i might take you up on that offer of yours :P

I think we would be looking at Late March Early April, but the thought is still there. More to follow.

im jelious i wish my bumper was straight whats going on with the right front fender it doesnt exactly follow the grill

It takes a bumper shop to get it that clean and straight.

As for the fender, its character. I never noticed it until now. That, and the grille is not fully secured to the car. I need to remove and paint my radiator support and the headlight buckets. Re-center and torque that thing down.

• 1 month later...