Zerow's 610 4-door

zerow

jaimesan putting werds into my mouth (as he should lol)

i like the style of the wheels, always have, but the narrow width always stopped me from using them

but . it's . yer . car . sarge ...:D

I have to say that I agree on both counts. I love the style, but the width does have something to be desired...

I will still use these 200sx wheels, and, as it would unfold, I may have some other wheels lined up...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix

Nice 180Bs d0own under. They do know to appreciate cool Datsuns!:)

Once I have mine on the road, I will visit those "mates" at OZDAT with pictures to see what the 180B crowd has to tell me.

Indeed a twin brother to Zerows!!! Like twins ( unless identical twins ) there are small differences, like the grill.

Also, one of these 180Bs must be a boy, the other a girl, because one thinks with the right side, the other one does it with the left side ( steering wheels )

How cool to see all those 180Bs!!!

Jaime._______________________________________________________

Nice 180Bs d0own under. They do know to appreciate cool Datsuns!:)

Once I have mine on the road, I will visit those "mates" at OZDAT with pictures to see what the 180B crowd has to tell me.

Indeed a twin brother to Zerows!!! Like twins ( unless identical twins ) there are small differences, like the grill.

Also, one of these 180Bs must be a boy, the other a girl, because one thinks with the right side, the other one does it with the left side ( steering wheels )

How cool to see all those 180Bs!!!

I will likely get flamed or whatever for this remark, but, last I checked my car is a woman.

Anything that can give so much happiness, pain, heartache, headache, and can bleed onto a oil pan and not die definitely has to be a woman. That and I've called her "Betsy" the entire time I've had her...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jaimesix

Hey Zerow, whats is the state of the project?

Update, I know good things are being concocted up there......

SSS Sedan!!!!!

Jaime.___________________________________________________________

Hey Zerow, whats is the state of the project?

Update, I know good things are being concocted up there......

SSS Sedan!!!!!

Jaime.___________________________________________________________

Yes, you would be correct. Good things? perhaps. Lots of cutting. Yes. (You 510 rats have it waaaay too easy for the projector light install...)

A minor setback is about to transpire, I have family coming into town, and the sedan will have to be backburnered for the next 3 weekends! I will have more pics after this hiatus...

Guest jaimesix

I hear you, family times.

Each of your relatives should have a present for your 610 on hand in order to enter your home.

Amongst the presents:

1) Set of performance tires:)

2) S/U tuning tool kit set. ;)

3) 610 Sedan SSS tail lights.:D

4) SSS badges for the J lines:cool:

If they could not find any of these parts, they better start studying map quest for the quickest way back home!:D

Jaime.___________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix

I posted this video in another thread, but I think it is appropriate to post it here , at the home of the Datsun 610 Sedan SSS.

It is the coolest Datsun 610 video I have seen so far, great suspension, L series power, top Datsun power!

Edited by jaimesix
trying to post the You Tube movie screen directly...but I can not :(
I hear you, family times.

Each of your relatives should have a present for your 610 on hand in order to enter your home.

Amongst the presents:

1) Set of performance tires:)

2) S/U tuning tool kit set. ;)

3) 610 Sedan SSS tail lights.:D

4) SSS badges for the J lines:cool:

If they could not find any of these parts, they better start studying map quest for the quickest way back home!:D

Jaime.___________________________________________________

I would love for family to bring presents, but seeing my niece is present enough.

The taillights would be most excellent, but I told you of my idea, and I want to get that idea off the ground after the family leaves. Got some tires that will hold up for the time being. SSS emblems? Too easy a theft target, I'll get one for the car later. What do you think of the SSS emblem airbrushed on the J-lines? Would that be too tacky, or straight Ratsun?!

I would love for family to bring presents, but seeing my niece is present enough.

The taillights would be most excellent, but I told you of my idea, and I want to get that idea off the ground after the family leaves. Got some tires that will hold up for the time being. SSS emblems? Too easy a theft target, I'll get one for the car later. What do you think of the SSS emblem airbrushed on the J-lines? Would that be too tacky, or straight Ratsun?!

have it engraved into the j lines

Guest jaimesix

Zerow.

I know those SSS badges are like honey to thieves. I would never use them on my car for that reason.

What I would do is get some "Derlin" blocks, and carve a Derlin block like the real SSS badge. With your Dremmel tools, you can easily duplicate the shape of the original SSS badge.

If it gets stolen, no problem, it can be replaced. It can be glued in place.

I would not brush it on the J line surface, that would look weird because of the angle.

Carving it on the J line is a good option, but it will not look like the real badge.

Jaime.____________________________________________________

Don't think of it as "carving it in", more like a tattoo. And it would give you an area to (carefully) add color and really make it look like the real deal. Heck pay someone to airbrush some depth and make it look real nice.

• 3 weeks later...
we need more updates :P i know your workin on it almost as much as im working on mine :D

Hmmmm. Working on it? More like working on parts of it. Got new fuel inlet lines for the SUs on Friday, looks hella sweet. The taillights have been sidelined for a minute. My goal for next weekend (after family leaves) is to finish the BMW projector light conversion and to prep and paint the engine bay gloss black. Then, get cherry picker and load up the engine with some new mounts. Trans to be bolted to engine and lowered (carefully!) into the car. No Canby for me this year, but JCCS '09, here I come!!

Hmmmm. Working on it? More like working on parts of it. Got new fuel inlet lines for the SUs on Friday, looks hella sweet. The taillights have been sidelined for a minute. My goal for next weekend (after family leaves) is to finish the BMW projector light conversion and to prep and paint the engine bay gloss black. Then, get cherry picker and load up the engine with some new mounts. Trans to be bolted to engine and lowered (carefully!) into the car. No Canby for me this year, but JCCS '09, here I come!!

jccs!!! im hopping to be there myself :D if things keep going the way they are i will be there :P

As I understand it around here "Pics, or it didn't happen".

Well, here is the scenario: BMW Projector lights in a 610 sedan.

Pics, you say...?

100_1557.jpg

100_1558.jpg

Invert the headlight ring, just to make sure you get the clearance:

100_1559.jpg

100_1566.jpg

100_1567.jpg

And after a hellish ordeal...

100_1575.jpg

See? IT HAPPENED!!!

that looks BITCHIN!!! i like how the grill turned out and the lights look kick ass they also look like they have been smoked im so diggin it bro do you have a cover for that beast? it looks like it hasent even been driven and the new paint already needs a bath

I recently bought the JDM dealer brochure for the Bluebird-U SSS sedan. The centerfold pic was of a blue Bluebird-U SSS (what a concept!). The J-Lines are painted black, along with a bunch of other parts that are also black. As a direct result, I decided to go a bit different:

100_1576.jpg

J-Lines are now black, the stainless trim stays stainless color, and the rest of the car looks like your average Bluebird, for the most part. Needless to say, I was a little busy today.

Guest jaimesix

It is looking bad ass!

That blue color is a hit. The BMW projector beams are cool. The final look with the grille in place looks awesome. Certainly the best 610 sedan on US soil, and direct competition for the best 610 overall.

That color is great. I kept my Orange color because of the stock colored door frames and rest, but if I go another color on another project ( 710 in mind ) this blue color is high on the list.

The wheels are cool too. I have not seen those 200SX wheels for a while, nice and unique feature.

I like how the rear sits, is that the final stance? I think you mentioned a little higher on back will do. Hope not too much height is added, it looks cool as is.

do you have a cover for that beast? it looks like it hasent even been driven and the new paint already needs a bath

I am sure there is a car cover over Zerow's car. The sides look clean. Same thing happens with my car. Car covers are good, but only so much. The horizontal surfaces always collect dust, unavoidable unless using a very expensive kind of cover.

Problem with a heavy dust proof cover is that heavy covers and wind swing end up chaffing down the paint.

Guess the only way to seal a car off dust is to use a cloth cover/cotton followed by a heavy car cover.....plus a closed garage.....I am working on it as we speak...purchased a few lottery tockets today:rolleyes:

Jaime._____________________________________________________

It is looking bad ass!

That blue color is a hit. The BMW projector beams are cool. The final look with the grille in place looks awesome. Certainly the best 610 sedan on US soil, and direct competition for the best 610 overall.

That color is great. I kept my Orange color because of the stock colored door frames and rest, but if I go another color on another project ( 710 in mind ) this blue color is high on the list.

The wheels are cool too. I have not seen those 200SX wheels for a while, nice and unique feature.

I like how the rear sits, is that the final stance? I think you mentioned a little higher on back will do. Hope not too much height is added, it looks cool as is.

Jaime._____________________________________________________

Thank You, Jaime. Where do I start...

Best 610 overall? I just want her back on the road first and foremost. Most heavily modded sedan, I'll take that trophy.

The blue is great, better than the gray I had thought about. I can get you the color code, when the time comes.

I have a set of 280ZX turbo wheels as well, but the 200SX wheels are what I will be running. She needs new shoes, I have a set of two BF goodrich tires waiting, just need the other two.

The stance is exactly where I want it. I have a set of new springs in there right now, so no changes there. Now to handle the front with 280ZX struts and coilovers.

Thanks for the compliments! More to follow in the near future.