• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

All right...enough with the secrets...I have something to admit here within my close friends here on the forum...

I messed up my car...

I forgot to close the hood "all the way"...one click and not two. It was a simple mistake. Fortunately the damage caused was at 25 to 30 MPH...and, fortunately the hood did not hit the windshield. But, my hood hinges are overextended. The top cowl/valence is FUBAR. And the wiper linkage is wrecked. The wipers are there for pure amusement and I dragged out my spare valence and painted it flat black to complete the ride. Hence, my need for the wrecking yard trip out to Wilmington to grab sedan specific stuff as well as the repair parts to make her operational. The cowl I picked up today will get a fresh coat of blue paint when I can afford it and the car will be back to her old self.

The definition of irony on this scenario? I just tuned up the wiper motor and went into the house because it had started to drizzle. I closed the hood to keep the motor from getting wet. The test drive was to check the wipers after the rain stopped...

• 2 weeks later...

Damn... Could have be way worse for sure. I had some hood hinges.... But I have no idea where they could possibly be.

I'm good, RedBanner. I picked up the ones in Wilmington right after Thanksgiving, along with a bunch of other parts ;)

• 3 weeks later...
No Love... :confused:

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/2012/10/23/2012-japanese-classic-car-show-part-09-editors-choice/

I know Betsy isn't the hottest girl at the prom, but dang...this one cut deep...

I do not know what that guy sees in that white 610 your blue one does not have. Yours is more elaborate and unique. The white one is nice, but more of a common style, your blue 610 is a much better car all around. Some guys get easily impressed with wide rims. Beer sells more than Scotch, you know why.

it cost less and you can get it anywhere. just like a a set of wheels and call it a custom(insert honda joke). im a redneck beer drinker, but know a good scotch when i come across one. dont understand how that 12 pack of heineken was considered better then your 12 year scotch. beautiful car zerow.one thing though paint the under side of your hood

I do not know what that guy sees in that white 610 your blue one does not have. Yours is more elaborate and unique. The white one is nice, but more of a common style, your blue 610 is a much better car all around. Some guys get easily impressed with wide rims. 

I can't explain why I like one more than the other, as beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Other than just that I hate stock wheels.     :rofl:

Zero knows I love his car. And put the wheels and stance of the white car on his car and it's no contest. His would be the coolest at the show then, in my opinion. 

But everyone has their own opinion about what looks cool. It'd be a sad (and boring) day in the car world if we all liked the same things...

And trust me, these days I'm way too jaded to be "easily impressed with wide rims".  B)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Can someone do me a favor? Who has their driveline out of their 610 sedan or coupe (sorry goons...your measurement won't help me...) I need the car level and I need the end of the transmission angle from vertical. My transmission swap is quite successful, and I love it, but there is a phase difference problem between the transmission and the differential...causing a vibration...and I don't like this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated...and MicroMachinery, the horizontal difference measurement you gave me has been a big help...it is now the difference in vertical I need to really tighten this up.

my driveline has been modded not sure it will still help you 

Do you have any vibration while driving? If so, the measurement will not help me. If not, then, grab an inclinometer...