Zerow's 610 4-door

zerow

im only giving you a hard time bro really glad to see her driving will she be at canby? im gonna make next years if it fucking kills me

Its all right...after studying for the last couple of days/evenings/nights/mornings for midterms, I am likely to take anything in the wrong context. :)

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Must...resurrect...narcotopic...

Betsy has been doing just fine lately. Still getting used to the carbs...Anyone else running SUs and an automatic? If so, I have some questions...

Hey William bring that thing by , we can sinc and dial them in ,also I used to install different needles ,I think N25 comp needles , I have maybe 4 left at home in an index box with weber parts.Love the car finished need to do a little touch up on paint also ,anyway help me post up Jays 610 wag project , I am also almost done with bodywork ,I will post up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

An update of sorts...The sedan has been my daily driver for a little more than a month now. I have been hitting the mark on MPGs at 25-26 combined city/highway. A couple of issues have reared their ugly heads and have been properly handled, and I have a few other things to get finished, but the car has been a blast to drive. :)

i always thought that theses motors would get better mpgs. too bad. but 25 is good i suppose

SUs and an automatic...not the best of combinations.

I am positive that if I get a couple things done (transmission tightened up, etc.), that number should go up.

Like dobo said, a manual would get me better mileage numbers.

want 30 huh ill trade you my subaru goon for your 610 goon

micro keep in mind im flooring it in between gears and shifting at 5500 i skip 3rd and 4th entirly when driving in a 45 zone

good luck with that lol the biggest thing you need to keep in mind is its more about aero dynamics and driving habits my subi got 25 mpg when i first got it i rebuilt the carb and drove it slower then an old lady were talking 2 miles to get up to 45 and i get 32 mpg

Holy smokes, I'm pullin' 25.5 highway and I thought that was bad..

Is this on the coupe or the wagon?

If it's the coupe, you're running the same setup that I am, right? SUs and an automatic?

Here is how I see it: 25 is combined, but I anticipate an open highway and higher numbers, by at least 10 percent (~27.5 MPG)

I find myself fairly frugal on the pedal, but when the occasional Honda warrants putting the hammer down, the hammer is there to put down...

And one last thing to remember: 25 MPG combined was the numbers that the EPA figured for these 610s as well. I went down by using SUs (notoriously larger than the stock 30/34 downdraft Hitachi) and went up with an overdrive transmission (overdrive being "better" gearing than the 5 speed manual).

Is this on the coupe or the wagon?

If it's the coupe, you're running the same setup that I am, right? SUs and an automatic?

Here is how I see it: 25 is combined, but I anticipate an open highway and higher numbers, by at least 10 percent (~27.5 MPG)

I find myself fairly frugal on the pedal, but when the occasional Honda warrants putting the hammer down, the hammer is there to put down...

And one last thing to remember: 25 MPG combined was the numbers that the EPA figured for these 610s as well. I went down by using SUs (notoriously larger than the stock 30/34 downdraft Hitachi) and went up with an overdrive transmission (overdrive being "better" gearing than the 5 speed manual).

The wagon. I think the coupe was getting about 23 MPG overall last time I was driving it. I have the 3spd auto, but am using a 32/36 downdraft Weber, not SU's. I have the same setup on my wagon(L20b w/ 32/36 Weber), but paired with a 5spd instead of the auto.

The wagon. I think the coupe was getting about 23 MPG overall last time I was driving it. I have the 3spd auto, but am using a 32/36 downdraft Weber, not SU's. I have the same setup on my wagon(L20b w/ 32/36 Weber), but paired with a 5spd instead of the auto.

So, I may not be reading this correctly, so let me recap (still torched from finals...)

Wagon with L20B, Weber 32/36, and 5 speed manual gets 25.5 MPG combined

Coupe with L20B, Weber 32/36, and Automatic gets 23 MPG combined

Is this correct?

I found my Road & Track article for the 610 sports coupe with automatic (test vehicle as equipped). The MPG numbers? 19-22.5...That's with the L18 and the stock downdraft Hitachi carburetor.

Now with proof: http://www.flickr.com/photos/triggerscarstuff/6447239651/sizes/l/in/photostream/

The mileage numbers are in the right column...towards the bottom...

• 1 month later...

Yes, that's correct. For a while I was getting better with the Coupe, and same with the wagon, but for some reason, the MPG's have been suffering as of late.. I wonder if the quality of fuel is dipping even lower..

I've only gotten 22.5mpg in my L20b wagon doing strictly around town driving. I don't know how they figured it to be that low.. it's practically the same setup as their fuel sipping, econo box 510. So they went up .2L.. that shouldn't drop the MPG by nearly 30%. I'd say that rating is preposterous.