disc brakes Help

benrob

True that. The line going into one of my rear drums was horrifically rusted solid. All edges rounded off, finally came free with vice grips.

Even I am thinking about new lines but that's another day! My personal preference, sticking with SAE since I already know where to source shit. Old British cars if you have to! To each his own. If you do new hard brake lines the options are open to pretty much anything.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, 40 year old brake lines suck. I had a blow out from a hardline on my truck when i was droping off some pallets for a fire in my back yard when it blew. Luckily it was on my property and was going slow, im just glad it wasnt on the road.

josh -- your avatar pic makes me snicker everytime I see it... and thanks for all the info ou guys are providing, im going to be doing Dics on my truck soon...

Wow, I didn't see this thread in time apparently. Good info guys. I have addressed the misalignment on the rear brackets, Josh, thanks for pointing that out. I wasn't the original designer on those, so never double checked them against a caliper...shame shame.

Josh/Nismo, I will be taking your info and making up some type of manual whether it be electronic or printed for guys in this perdicament, I will agree that the info is here but hard to find and muddled most of the time by other info.

Found the part numbers for the splitter valves:

Rear distribution block: 46210-32G10

Front distribution block: 46313-68201

The front is for a 510/240Z.

NLA from dealer. Found mine on eBay for aboot $10.

The rear is from a D21 Hardbody.

You will find there are 2 different options.

One comes with a rubber hose built in.

One is just a block with the ports.

Think about which one you want. I wish I had gotten the one I didn't. :hmm:

so if i was to bye the front splitter of ebay wouldn't it b used, if so i dn why i wouldent stick with the one i have, thare was nothen wrong with it when i was driven the truck in 08

It's SAE, and 40 years old.

You will want everything metric.

The splitter I bought from eBay was brand new.

Have you looked yet?

ic is thare any way to tell what is from, i dnt c and part number or any thing one it

That MC is not the newer ones we speak of.

Why would you want to trust that old MC anyways?

I just looked on AutoZone's website.

They are there.

You can also just buy loaded calipers and have less to worry about.

And as a FYI:

NismoDr and myself call them torque members because that is what Nissan calls them.

I don't think they are called that anywhere outside of Nissan.

Caliper bracket or caliper bridge will yield more success for you.

Nissan also calls an exhaust doughnut a muffler bearing.

Go figure.

• 3 weeks later...

so i started assembling my rear brakes and thare is a quater inch slop in my rear axle/hub, is thare somekind of spacer or bracket i need . it only moves in and out not side to side or up and down, i wana say the drum brakes kept everything together before but not sure . any help is much apriciated.