Well, this is now the end of a long night. With my new job I'm now getting off at midnight. They have us working 2 people on one computer because the program we use is 15 grand a computer.

When I go to leave, Apperantly my fuel pump decided to die (I'm thinking) and I couldn't get it started. My Dad decided to come and help for a spell and determined the same thing. I now work about 5 minutes from my house, so he figured we could just tow it. We did it tonight to avoid traffic, which I still gather was a good idea.

We started by coming home and grabbing the toe bar. For those that don't know what this is, it's an old device that grabs on to you're bumper and pulls it. It only works on old metal bumper cars. Being overdocious on the safety side we run a couple of chains, this was our mistake. The damned chains bound a little bit crushing my bumper in.

From there we just old fashion chained them together, my Dad in his truck and me in mine and drug the lil thing home. My Dad thinks we can just pound it out, but I have my doubts. The bumper was allready fairly tweeked before so I'm not to crushed, but it has been a long fucking night. Pics in the morning...

• Like 1
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First homeless dude taking parts off non-paranoid member in Texas

And now this ???

Wait ... you guys thinking SAME homeless guy fucked up his towbar/bumper/chain to!????

Frustrating situation = yes. Fixable = yes. Nuff said. Hope you get it started and bumpher straightened out.

Good idea. A tow bar like this

bolts to the bumper brackets so it won't bend the bumper

tow01.jpg

For the record, the bumper supports on a 510 are not even vaguely secure enough to tow bar it. I've done it before with a 510 wagon, but the bumper mounting brackets bend with every corner. Granted it won't screw your bumper, but it's best to use with heavily reinforced brackets. Or find a way to attach the tow bar to the crossmember.