Raybestos Fail

So I have been in a hurry to get the 510 done before Canby. In order to keep things flowing I ordered almost all of my parts early. Just got to the new rear rotors for my disc brake upgrade and this is what came in the boxes. Neither of them are correct. What are the odds?

rotors.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That happens everywhere. Someone or some shop, at some time returned two items that should have been misboxed or defective, and instead were returned as new, then put back on the shelf. Take em back, make them make it right. Or go to NAPA. ;)

I bought a lot of raybestos back in febuary. All from Amazon. This included 2 drums, 2 discs, pads, and shoes. All were fine for me. (Cars were for a 99 caravan rear drums, and 09 Dodge Journey rear discs)

I worked for them many years ago. Anytime a warehouse changes brands, a bunch of sales guys with temp workers go in and switch the product to the new box. They call it a changover. Nearly all the non branded parts come from the same China plant anyway. I'm not surprised this does not happen more frequently. You can blame me, i might have swapped the rotors to the wrong boc and they have sat on the shelf for 30 years.

Except when you need to be to Canby in two weeks. They won't start processing the replacements until they get the fucks ups back, which would take damn near two weeks with the holiday weekend and the new parts coming from Ohio. We just bought two more locally this evening.

Not that I completely blame them for wanting these back before sending the new ones out, but being as we'd have to wait for all of the shipping time and processing time, it wasn't going to work out. But they are refunding and paying for return shipping, so it's all good.