I guess I should finally introduce myself.

Jermyz33

I've posted a few, lurked around for a while, and now that I finally own it, I guess it's a good time to make an intro thread...

My name is Jeremy, I live in nor-cal, sacramento area more specifically, and I just picked up my 2nd Z, a '74 260. My other Z is my 03 350z and I've been wanting a pre-smog project for some time now, glad to finally have found one! To be completely honest, I don't really know much of anything about older cars/carbureted cars so this project is going to be a long learning process and I couldn't be more excited. For now my plans are to lower it with some s13 coils, remove the bumpers or replace them with 240 bumpers, air damn, wing, fender flares, wide/aggressive wheels, rebuild the engine completely (I was told the engine is in good shape so its mostly just going to be replacing belts, gaskets, sealts, etc.) and maybe adding cams, header, carbs, and just having fun with the stock engine before swapping. I will also apologize in advanced if I ask any stupid questions, I'm a beginner to older cars so I'll try to keep the questions to a minimum! The hardest thing I have trouble finding are wheels that are aggressive yet reasonably priced. I looooove the rota shakotans, but, I'm not sure if they'll be aggressive with flares :-\ Also, I'm a "photographer" (hate using that term because I don't consider myself a pro or anything), I used to shoot portraits in a studio, used to shoot for Stance:Nation and a couple other sites, and I plan on whoring this place up with progress pics lol. Anyway, here are my Z's.

There is an engine in and a hood on now, i promise, just don't have the car at my new house yet, in the process of moving

558757_461327477226763_100000485447051_1727477_1219883281_n.jpg

524953_465740986785412_100000485447051_1740594_1961790522_n.jpg

my 350 (wont post many of this, i posted a few in the show your Z thread)

6855718816_af7c4a0aa0_c.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear i've seen your Z in Castro Valley.

or Hayward on crow canyon

Haha it's possible! I haven't been to the bay area in a long while though, Hayward definitely possible tho as I have buddies in Vallejo and San Jose so I've been around the bay often!

I swear I want those Enkei's... lolz.

I have a strange soft spot for a brown Z. Shame it's a late 260z.

Any engine swap ideas or plans? Seemed like you had an idea or something.

The wheel's on the 260 are actually not mine haha, just used to transport it since I'm still in the process of moving. I plan on hopefully doing some Shakotans or something similar (idk why, but I have such a hard-on for those wheels lol). And I agree, late 260z was :( BUT I'm happy as hell that its smog exempt! The bumpers are coming off immediately, and hopefully going shaved or 240 bumpers.

In terms of a swap, I would love to go with an SR swap with a GT35 or GT40 and the supporting mods of course to get me around 350whp. I used to have an 06 wrx and i really miss boost, but turboing the 350 is far too expensive and a smog nightmare lol.

I can honestly say I'm surprised you didn't say an RB swap. I'm impressed. :lol:

Since you're part of the 260z club, now you always get to tell people it's NOT a 280z, it's a 260... Lolz. Just once I wish someone would get it right.

I'm pretty sure, if you'd be interested, you could swap the front "apron" for an early 260z or 240z and run the turn signals there instead of the grill, or just in a 240z airdam. I'm fairly certain they are bolt up regardless of model, the only issue would be sourcing the 240z turn signals, which I can't imagine would be difficult. Well plus the grill but that doesn't really matter... lolz.

Oh, and I used to want Shakotans (Hayashi's) too. After seeing this Z:

5996320021_f0097f07c0_o.jpg

I can honestly say I'm surprised you didn't say an RB swap. I'm impressed. :lol:

Since you're part of the 260z club, now you always get to tell people it's NOT a 280z, it's a 260... Lolz. Just once I wish someone would get it right.

I'm pretty sure, if you'd be interested, you could swap the front "apron" for an early 260z or 240z and run the turn signals there instead of the grill, or just in a 240z airdam. I'm fairly certain they are bolt up regardless of model, the only issue would be sourcing the 240z turn signals, which I can't imagine would be difficult. Well plus the grill but that doesn't really matter... lolz.

5996320021_f0097f07c0_o.jpg

WHOAMYGOD what front apron/vallance/airdamn is that??? I want it!!

*large pic goes here lol*

Yeah, RB is a great engine, don't get me wrong, but not what I want. Something cheap, small, light, and easy to make decent power with a few bolt ons, and I reallllly do not want to go V8. And yeah, EVERYONE assumes all older Z's are damn 280's! Im just gonna put a "Not A 280" badge on it or something! As for the front, I really like the idea of the Xenon one, it being urethane and me planning to go pretty damn low, it will hold up muuuch longer. That along with the CF 240 style bumper (hopefully i can afford one lol) would probably look pretty nice. I'm going to be shaving off the turn signals on the front and rear fenders and probably making some other system of turn signals. Maybe I'll just go old school and use arm signals haha. But yeah, I think it would look nice shaved off

Just fyi, an air dam for a 240 will bolt up to a 260/280, but you have to shave a little off the backside because the frame rails are a little longer on them. Been there done that on my old late 260. I'm planning on doing it again on my 280. As far as the stock valence, It should be a bolt on.

Nice Z by the way....I've got a set of Enkei's on my 78

• Like 1

Just fyi, an air dam for a 240 will bolt up to a 260/280, but you have to shave a little off the backside because the frame rails are a little longer on them. Been there done that on my old late 260. I'm planning on doing it again on my 280. As far as the stock valence, It should be a bolt on.

Nice Z by the way....I've got a set of Enkei's on my 78

Thanks for the heads up! that'll kind of help when lookin for air dams now that I know a 240 one will work also

WHOAMYGOD what front apron/vallance/airdamn is that??? I want it!!

...stock. lololol.

I have a 240z airdam on my EARLY 260z, so I'm not entirely sure what would need to be shaved, since I hadn't shaved anything. But it could just be because of where 280z signals are located, I have no idea.

I feel the same way about the V8 nonsense. Which is why I'm going 2JZ... lolz. But SR should be plenty of power and opportunity for the Z. Just might look a little silly in the huge engine compartment. One person I know of on here has a SR powered Z.

...stock. lololol.

I have a 240z airdam on my EARLY 260z, so I'm not entirely sure what would need to be shaved, since I hadn't shaved anything. But it could just be because of where 280z signals are located, I have no idea.

I feel the same way about the V8 nonsense. Which is why I'm going 2JZ... lolz. But SR should be plenty of power and opportunity for the Z. Just might look a little silly in the huge engine compartment. One person I know of on here has a SR powered Z.

Haha yeah for sure. I originally wanted a 1j/2j setup but expense and mod wise the SR will be a lot cheaper for me, and still make a decent amount of power, enough to be fun anyway lol. I saw TheMission has one of the cleanest SR setups i've ever seen and would love to get something like that but not sure what color I'd do the setup.

In other news, first part for the car came in today! :D

403487_467141719978672_100000485447051_1745248_689209109_n.jpg

okay, so i am new here, please don't kill me for this but can someone link me to, or explain the origin/reason of "Oics". I know its a typo for pics, but why'd it start? I just wanna be part of the group and luls at its use too! :(

I feel the same way about the V8 nonsense.

What non-sense ???????

2JZ stuff is awesome ... but cost's $$$. I've heard a good portion of those engines have to be overhauled after purchase from an importer. It gets very expensive very fast ... But yes i'd do it in a heartbeat don't get me wrong as I love the engine.

I'm def not going to state any engine is "best".

now I understand ztrain completely.

Are you 18 ?

SR20 is a great little engine. You will be glad you snagged that exedy clutch.

• Like 1

Probably the flares and wheels. Im moving on the 1st and chances are i'll need some halp :( lol. And dont forget it again! :P But I'll probably get the flares and wheels first, then once I actually have it torn apart at the new house i'll start listing off shit i need to get for the engine. Interior is going to pretty much be ripped out and tossed lol. I have a friend that works at TAPs plastics for the door cards I'm going to make, dash cap, new wheel and I already have a new seat in mind. yes seat. because racecar. :-|

Probably the flares and wheels. Im moving on the 1st and chances are i'll need some halp :( lol. And dont forget it again! :P But I'll probably get the flares and wheels first, then once I actually have it torn apart at the new house i'll start listing off shit i need to get for the engine. Interior is going to pretty much be ripped out and tossed lol. I have a friend that works at TAPs plastics for the door cards I'm going to make, dash cap, new wheel and I already have a new seat in mind. yes seat. because racecar. :-|

let me know and Ill come help! Im really looking forward to this build haha

I have my own Datsun to fund!

let me know and Ill come help! Im really looking forward to this build haha

I have my own Datsun to fund!

Im looking forward to it also, I can't wait until it's home and the teardown actually begins! And fund mine too!