Dobos 610 Oz style budget build

dobo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Update time, i hate being busy, just want to be driving around in this!

Thought I'd clean up the donk a bit while it was out of the car. I got the flywheel machined and bought a new clutch kit. I used the 4 speeds thrust bearing and fork in the 5 speed.

IMG_1868.jpg

"Fixed" the the tear in the rear seat by covering them up. hand made blankets from the OP shop :D

IMG_1866.jpg

Also made a new parcel shelf out of carpet and installed some speakers

IMG_1867.jpg

I put the clutch pedal and MC in last night but i cant get it to push the fluid through, the fork just flops in and out. think ill need a new one, it had been sitting for i don't know how long.

and finally on the aesthetic front these came up for $180 and i couldn't resist. IMG_1885.jpg

Enkei Mosports 15x6.5 +12's

IMG_1894.jpg

should sit alright and hopefully wont hit the front of the guard like my 14x6.5 +0's do.

they are 3 piece so later on i can get them widened to fill the back out, or just get another pair from yahoo

Well the cardboard one was cracked and brittle, and when i tried to get the one out of the parts car, it too cracked. So all i did was get some marine carpet and cut it to size. i was going to secure it with some sort of screws, but being jammed under the window and the between the seat, plus the speakers, its not going anywhere.

The cardboard on mine disintregrated a loooonnnngggg time ago on my sedan. I was (and I am still thinking) that I am going to use plywood and build a new design. I kept the section close to the window, for the curve, but that was all I could salvage. I plan to do the same thing, carpet the piece and call it good.

So, what you are saying is that the carpet is just glued down onto the metal?

• 1 month later...

alright so the Mosports are for sale. 15s just don't look right :P

P1050420Medium_zpse0226e68.jpg

instead bought a pair of 14x7.5 -6 SSR MK1's they'll be going on rear and ill save up to buy fronts or bigger rears depending how i can get them to fit the front. 

anyway I'm also working on the car, not just whoring wheels. engine/5 speed is in. Currently working out how to start the fucker with the whole auto bypass and reverse light thing. Also was bleeding the front brakes i snapped off the bleeder, then the easy out i used snapped in it too. so ill have to take that out and probably get it helicoiled. 

apart from that should be ready soon!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So she runs, could not figure out the inhibitor, ended up running a new relay and bypassing the whole thing. took it for a quick spin with no brakes to check that all the gears in my mystery 5 speed work. car is also witting quite low now :D

225263_10151407489898819_519212336_n.jpg

Also New SSR MK1s arrived

190281_10151404321208819_960369530_n.jpg

fitment on the front. 

72632_10151407489943819_302569706_n.jpg

rear. 

Tyres will be on this weekend and then ill be able to see properly if they'll fit on the front, and how much gap there will be on the rear.

all ive got left is to put the dash and interior trim back in, seat belts, front brakes and rust repair that little section.