Should i buy this thing?

Looks to be a smokin deal with the included extra motor/trans, kind of hoping the spare is a dogleg so i can direct swap it into my 710 wagon. Anything i should look for/ask about in particular? I'm so calling this dude in the morning.

I have a 1970 datsun 521 truck clean title truck is a project but isn't far from being road ready. Has all new rear brakes already installed new front brakes still in the box need to be installed but included with the truck both the clutch and brake master cylinders have been rebuilt clutch works great, motor runs original 1.6l motor and 4spd transmission still in the truck the gas tank is in hooked and in the bed just needs to be bolted up , comes with a 1.8l motor and 5spd trans motor has mild ported head and mild cam and twin mikuni side draft carbs, truck will come with a lot of misc parts all lights and electrical work . Serious inquiries only please no emails.

5214.jpg

5213.jpg

5212.jpg

5211.jpg

PS No stealing, i call dibs :P

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks pretty good. check/ask about the brakes.oh wait i just read it has new ones. nvm. also take a look at the clutch slave, look for leaks. good luck! :thumbup:

i talked to him on the phone and he sounds like a standup guy, just has a baby on the way and has to make room. going to check it out tomorrow sometime, hoping for the best. not too worried about complete interior, though it would be nice if one of my dattos had a real dash :P

IMG_0156.jpg

he already put 3" drop blocks in the back, so i need to reindex the front and i'm good to go with ride height. i'll do a little searching for preferred tired sizes and such after i decide to buy it, chicken before the egg and such. he said the extra engine/trans came out of a scca raced 510, so im hoping it's a dogleg for a direct swap into my 710, if not he says it comes with the driveshaft even so i'm assuming worst case make a trans mount. i've got an sd22 and 5 speed laying around, would that trans be a direct swap into the 521? i'd be happy as shit if both could have OD with minimal work :P

give him 900 and hope he throws the sidedrafts in.Then that would be a good deal if its running.

eh i just got back from checking it out. has new tires, entire spare set of steel wheels i can toss some race tires on, and he's throwing in the driveshaft/mikunis and all kinds of other stuff. he's also going to deliver it from like 60 miles away and was a nice dude, so i didn't even bother haggling. i like to reward good sellers in the hopes that bad sellers get the message :P