376whp 404wtq dyno video...

cjr198car

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

stock vg30e block/heads/internals with isky turbo cams, custom intake manifold, custom turbo kit (precision turbo 5857), fueling, etc.

The closest thing I have to a build thread can be found on z31performance.com (same username), but you need a login.

The wheels are DRAG DR20 15X7 0 offset and the tires are Nitto NT01 205-50-15 and 225-45-15.

Nice vid and numbers... my only complaint would be that its a Mustang Dyno. Im a fan of that VG setup you got going on... especially the IM.

A mustang dyno typically reads lower than a dynojet, etc. I would hope to be closer to 400whp and 425wtq on a different dyno. Thanks on the IM, thats one of my favorite pieces of the car.

The thing with Mustang dynos are that you can change the bias however you want... Which would make it read way higher or lower than other dynos. All of the tuners in my area (my shop included) wont touch one for that reason; it's just too iffy for consistant numbers.

I hope you don't think I'm bashing the car, because it's still very impressive. More of a beast than I drive, very jealous.

The thing with Mustang dynos are that you can change the bias however you want... Which would make it read way higher or lower than other dynos. All of the tuners in my area (my shop included) wont touch one for that reason; it's just too iffy for consistant numbers.

I hope you don't think I'm bashing the car, because it's still very impressive. More of a beast than I drive, very jealous.

First time I've heard about Mustang dynos being bad.. lol. What kind of dyno do you prefer?

Mustangs arent bad dynos, they just have too much user correction capabilities that will either error in your favor (added HP) or not so much (lower HP). Theres some people that wont use Mustangs for that fact, because of the idea that you can doctor you numbers if you choose. I personally like DynoJets and all of the features they have to offer.

I think one of the best things about your video (besides your 510 being BA), but the best part: you're from Minnesota! Not OR, WA, CA (no offense). Just nice to see 510's in other places. BTW, what kind of slotted/drilled you running up front?

"A myth about the Nissan V6 is that “its too heavy!” Lets compare some 510 vehicle weights. A stock L16, 4 speed, 2 door 510 weighs 2078lbs. A friends L20B, Z 5 speed, 2 door 510 weighs 2270 lbs. My 1970 2 door with the stock VG30 and 5 speed weighs 2210 lbs.

Michael Spreadbury"

More good reading here:

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/installing-the-vg-30-in-a-510.html

I my setup is a bit heavier then the numbers above, but it still handles well in my opinion.