'74 260z drift build (Z is for zig zag)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, it's just my first z. My first car is my other project that I really need to finish. I don't really want to get rid of it but the opportunity to get a bike has come up and that would save me a ton of money. Also it's just a pain to work on it where it sits at my friends house in the weeds. I'll get another z, I love them. I just don't have time for one right now between work and school and my other project.

sell nice car for bike? that makes no sense to me

Says the guy without a license and a Non Op car that sits around hoping to be awesome someday. I sold my Datsun in a Crunch Big woop I still know a shit load about them and plan on having another, it is better to quit while you're ahead and build a car the way you want down the road instead of taking shortcuts that you would have to fix later.

• Like 4

because I like projects? I was feeling unmotivated on my other project after the 3rd unsuccessful engine swap because these "good" ka's people keep selling me are crap. Which I need to save money for a rebuild.

Why so much interogation? I'm switching from 25 to 60 mpg and going from 190 to 25 bucks a month on insurance. Yes, I should definitely turn that down. If I could keep the z and get the bike I would.

It's cool to have multiple projects if you can afford them, like the 510keeper, but i take it that your 16, or 16? i say stiik to one car and get it done and then start another project.

also why do you have a ka powered yota? :confused: :no:

I know the whole multiple projects thing, I took on more then I could handle, here's my current list of projects: 78 Camaro RSLT, 73 240z, 76 280z, 87 rx7, 93 Eclipse. Motorcycles: 82 Magna 750, 82 Sabre 750, 79 GS1000, and a 79 XS650.

I've got 9 projects, but honestly, I don't need near this many.

Whhhaaaaaaaaat? I'll be 21 in a month? Where are you getting that I'm 16?

I bought the ka a couple years back for my 620 but the truck was in new Mexico at me dads house and the engine was up in Oregon. Then I wrecked my corolla which had all aftermarket ae86 suspension (I love the way it handles, really miss it) so I bought my wagon as a shell, switched over the motor in a night. From there I was thinking about swap options while I fixed the body and I already had the ka and I really love s13s power. Decision made with a long ass story. Haha.

I just want to have one and done, before I move to the next one. Learned that with this one.

I have 2 projects and I work minimum wage getting shitty hours and I live on my own, I get my shit done regardless I just budget my money well and take my time, Sure I borrow one of my parent's many cars and I walk to work but I'm 19 and I'm living the way I want to live. I make money on the side helping my friends with my Diversity in car knowledge and large collection of tools.

Some people like the Chaos of having multiple projects, helps keep me interested when I can switch off when I get to a point where going gets tough or I loose motivation. If I had the money and time I would have more projects, I need to pick up my Uncles Motorcycle, I'm helping my friend with his 68 bug this week, My roomate has a Mustang and I'll most likely be helping another friend in a few weeks if he picks up a FD Rx7.

I consider most of the things I own Investments, when I get in a pinch I can always sell them off fairly quickly, I did that exact thing when I lost my job a while back I sold my Datsun and all the parts I collected over the years and got a great price for a car I pulled out of a field and got running and driving within 2 weeks.

I'm just saying if you do Embroidery for a living and you haven't had more then one project before you should respect other people's choices.

• Like 1

Thank you!^^^ that would be way to stressful for me though.

But am I seriously getting harassed for having 2 projects and a daily and wanting to get rid of one for something that's going to save me a ton of money?

Thank you!^^^ that would be way to stressful for me though.

But am I seriously getting harassed for having 2 projects and a daily and wanting to get rid of one for something that's going to save me a ton of money?

You're being harassed by a 15 year old kid. I wouldn't worry about it much. When you're that age, you think your first car is going to be the last car you ever own.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

FYi everything worked out and im keeping it! and I got my 2002 cbr600f4i as well! plus I moved it to the shop I work at there for it will get work done to it.

Anyways actually tested the compression and it was worse than I thought. (45-90-30-20-25-50) not enough to run like I was hoping but Ill get to rebuild it along with my ka24de and my ka24e this winter.

Also Im missing the small slider piece separate from the window regulator in order to put my drivers window in. If anyone has one local that'd be great!

heres my list of plans so far...

-Window piece/ assemble door

-remove sound deadening/ fix rust/paint interior

-make interior panels/ wire switches

-assemble interior

-pull motor & drivetrain/ rebuild motor and weld diff/

-fix rust/ rebox frame and re sheet metal/ paint engine bay

-fix brakes

-fuel cell/ trunk mount battery/ 4pt harnesses/ mount honda si seats (for now)

ROAD WORTHY!

-s13 coils, angle knuckles, and disk brakes

-poly bushings

-strut bars, half cage

-paint exterior

-blowthrough sidedrafts turbo?

got the sound deadening out today and got rid of 12 pounds. started spraying the interior rust and found a couple more holes. =/

also cracked my upper water neck housing while i was installing the plug.

Im having some problems with the alternator being 1/4-1/2" too far forward and not lining up with the water pump and crank pulleys. didnt line up on the stock engine either after looking at it. any one got any ideas?