'74 260z drift build (Z is for zig zag)

Pics on my ghetto assembled engine.

Getting it.

1005122242.jpg

Carbs on.

1006121131.jpg

None of my pulleys line up? they lined up the same on the old motor... what is going on?

1007121657.jpg

1007121658.jpg

Had a headgasket kit for a 1.3 & 1.5 honda laying around for some reason. turns out the egr gasket is exactly the same.

1008121855.jpg

blocked off my lower pcv tube.

1008121852.jpg

Saved 12 pounds of sound deadening.

1008121820.jpg

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

personally dont like the look of the louvers that much, contemplating cutting the top fin off and making a roof spoiler. anyone think this would be awesome? or a waste of destroying perfectly good louvers?

so is that a yes or a no? lol

Its definitely something that would be original on one of these.

I got bored and made my switch panel.

1026122054a.jpg

My overly complex way to line up my switch holes. lol

1026122154.jpg

switches!

1026122236.jpg

1026122237.jpg

Anyone wanna guess which buttons do what?

good progress !! :D

Tighten and bolt down the water pump pulley by putting on the fan for even pressure

.. alternator mounts are shimmed to correctness/bent for every l-series. (usually as a result from changing bolts/bending brakets/etc.)

IDK about louvers or modified louvers.

keep the wing :cool:

what the buttons do ?

Top left one fire missles.

2nd from top left dispenses coffee

Green ones spray cologne

Blue ones spray out blue slushi mmmmmm lol

red ones dispense depth charges ,,, for when poooleeece chase you

I sure like the blue ones :lol:

the water pump is tightened dow all the way (im gonna be running an e-fan), I was gonna see about putting a washer behind the crank pulley maybe somehow? If i cant its fine, I can live with it as long as it doesnt squeal. And for the alternator Im just gonna have to grind down the inner front tab and throw washers on the back, no biggie.

the roof spoiler and wing combo should look something like this I would think, just on a z. Its a fairly common 240sx style.

IMG00081-20100820-1650.jpg

I like those answers but nope! (although I may steal them for my labels) :rofl:

Nice! have the same wheels as me too. are you on hr.net by chance?

Im just not that big a fan of louvers. Ive decided on just selling them, but Im definetely rocking my wing. Its just too cool. B)

well hachiroku.net lol

just noticed that, mine are different front to back too. 5.5 wide fronts and 7.5 wide rears and just slightly different wheels too 3 came on the car when I got it and the 4th i actually found in a pile of tires at a friends house when I went to go pick up the tow dolly. :confused:

the roof spoiler and wing combo should look something like this I would think, just on a z. Its a fairly common 240sx style.

IMG00081-20100820-1650.jpg

I like those answers but nope! (although I may steal them for my labels) :rofl:

:rofl: the answers are all... yours hahaha

I like that wind deflector on that sx :cool: !

I think you could make it work on the z ,,, just lots of standing back then "ummm-ing" and "hmmmmmm-ing" haha !

Heres some pics of the wing and louvers. (louvers might be for sale so throw an offer if youre interested)

1027121025.jpg

1027121026.jpg

I like the wing ... should look good ! :cool:

Decided that DTP is now my official parts supplier. :rofl:

:rofl: hahahah ... that's sig worthy ^^^

I'm happy to be your official parts supplier... :lol:

This is the circle of the s30 life yo ! :lol:

Im gonna make my own roof spoiler later I think but the wing is on it looks awesome!

Haha, go for it DTP!

Thats really good! it might be a new mexico thing. when I was living down near virden I got both my 620 pick ups for free! on of them was even swapped to a 22r and hilux drivetrain. :confused:

17's are gonna be huge man, but at least they would all match. what are you gonna do with your old wheels? ;)

as far as my wiper i have no idea how to wire it yet. my wiper stalk was mangled when i got it so its impossible just to look at where the contacts go, and I have yet to find a good accurate diagram for the system... :confused: Anyone wanna help me on this?

But I got most of my switch panel wired. Not my cleanest wiring but its under the dash and Ive got tons of room, even more now that I dont have a real glove box. why? because race car... :geek:

1104121022.jpg

1104121021.jpg

1103122051.jpg

1103121953.jpg

1103121953a.jpg

Yep, those are screws holding the glove box door in place...

Eventually I would like to glass over it to make it smooth along with gong over the holes for the side vents, any other unused holes, and fixing the dash cracks. Its not that im too lazy or cheap or think it makes it more of a track car and reduces soo much weight (lol), I just dig simplicity and I have a bad habit of cramming my glove boxes full of useless crap and I hate it. plus I always have the compartments behind the seats if I need them.