1968 510 Sidemarkers

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

California brake & light inspection? Weird...never had the DMV look at anything other than the VIN when registering my 510 or 521.

O really I keep getting told they will want a break and light. Do they not check that?

Oh really! Lemme look those up. Mike I think your brain is hardwired into some kind of master Datsun database.

Mike doesnt consult the Datsun Database... its actually the other way around. The Datsun Database is actually hardwired into Mikes head... so anytime Datsun needs info they consult him.

O really I keep getting told they will want a break and light. Do they not check that?

I've never had them ask, in 2 different (although adjacent) counties. Last time was just last May bringing my 521 into CA from OR. The guy didn't even really care that he couldn't find the frame VIN.

And that might be a 521...

Anyways There are 2 types of arrows. USDM and either Euro or JDM spec ones. Basically on ours it looks like an arrow, top and bottom are curved, on the other type the top is more flat, with the bottom curving more.

Well, looks like it's a '68 OR a '69 so could equally be an L520 or L521. Definitely not a PL521.

I only say 521, cuz the fender, headlight trim and grill are all 521. 520s have a completely different body line too them.