Bagged and Boosted 71 4dr 510

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much to report lately, just been driving as a daily, im gunna have to pull it in soon and do a bunch of up keep here soon.

I noticed today that in the last 13 months ive put 22,000 miles on it, plus a month out of those 13 with no speedo.

I started re-engineering my turbo setup for better effiency since it was brought to my attention that it is far from it (i was gunna wait til this winter when i build a motor but oh well)

One big problem though... On downshift and decel, with my window open, i smell oil... its not visible but i definately smell it, is this rings of valves? Also curious if my carbs being way out of sync could cause excess vaccum pulling oil past the rings? long shot but who knows, havent done a comp test yet,

I think ill post this question in the r1 thread as well.

Got a thread goin "damnfine69". A couple pics not much yet. Wanted to ask where you got your intake for your r1 carbed ka at or did you fab it up yourself?

Cool I'll check it out ! Yeah, built the intake mani AND the header myself. It was HARD.

Vintage do you even have a built thread haha

Ah, YEAH !

But no one seems to pay attention to it. Ended up posting most of my stuff in more thread specific areas.....Like R1 thread and such.

Here it is, documented from the start!

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/26131-speedy-ka-is-in/

Cool I'll check it out ! Yeah, built the intake mani AND the header myself. It was HARD.

Ah, YEAH !

But no one seems to pay attention to it. Ended up posting most of my stuff in more thread specific areas.....Like R1 thread and such.

Here it is, documented from the start!

http://community.rat...peedy-ka-is-in/

after doing one intake i feel like i could do another one way better and easier, but to anyone whos seen my header hahaha i agree, hard!

Well the last couple days have not been very good, i had a wheel bearing explode an hour away from home, then i fucked up my air damn loading it on the tow dolly, then today unloading it... i guess i didnt learn my lesson and i ripped it off, luckily i know a guy good with glass work, and when i finally got around to taking it apart, my spindle and hub are junk.. sweet

2012-11-01_08-39-56_922.jpg?t=1351812197

2012-11-01_08-40-06_562.jpg

2012-11-01_15-04-39_867.jpg?t=1351812266

2012-11-01_15-18-32_556.jpg?t=1351812295

2012-11-01_15-31-21_523.jpg?t=1351812324

2012-11-01_15-44-12_593.jpg?t=1351812362

2012-11-01_15-44-33_454.jpg

2012-11-01_15-46-39_396.jpg

The real shitty part is one they didnt give any warning signs of going and two I just replaced them this summer, they had a 90 day watranty of course I was 2 weeks outside that, o got the expensive ones this time, doing all four corners....again

Thanks to Jeff (icehouse) i picked up some strut assemblys for a damn good price lastnight. i started pulling it apart tonight but didnt feel like grinding and welding so of course i started playing with how to go lower, also a picture of my aerosport strut assembly since i had tons of people ask before and i have it apart. and i took the beamer for its first test drive the other day!

2012-11-03_21-48-12_128.jpg?t=1352006100

2012-11-03_21-31-12_39.jpg?t=1352006082

IMG_20121101_145606.jpg

We need video of the beeemer

When its acutally running good and driveable ill try and get some video of it!

i see .....my struts i offered months ago.......weren't good enough.....lol

Haha i totally forgot about that! i was in a time crunch though, jeffs in everett, vs olympia!

So ive been doing a little research lately, to those that still look at this thread what do you think about this

l20b block bored 2mm over to fit dished sr20det pistons with z22e rods giving roughly 3mm deck clearence (if i calculated it all right)

Have the crank and rods machined for new bearings, and have the rotating assembly lightened and balanced.

That just about wraps up the bottom end. I was thinking an open chamber u67 head, but as far as valves and cam etc im still reseaching that stuff.

I had heard or read about at one point that someone makes metal headgaskets for the l series, i cant seem to find them, can anyone else confirm this? a link meybe?

And of course if i got around to actually doing and affording all this work i would build a much nicer header and intake system, plumb an intercooler in find a different set of carbs, revamp the fueling system and hope to run 12lbs.

Any input appreciated