620 prerunner

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have an idea, i have heard that d21 suspension can be swapped onto a 620, first off, is this correct??? and if so, would http://www.chaosfab.com/2wdhardbody.html work??? it says that it doubles the stock travel to 11 inches, and it bolts to the stock location, would this be the easiest way to make a pre runner?

Went off roading in south pasedena today, it was badass, its absolutely incredible what a basically stock 2wd datsun can do off road. I wasn't blasting through whoops or anything but I was climbing and descending hills that would be hard to walk up or down without hands and feet. Ill post some pics and maybe a video tonight

.... also any ideas on some good soft leafs and longer shackles that would work for the rear???? thanks, for now its just cranked up torsions and 1976 dunlop snow cruisers lol.

Fuck shackles. 8" ones will maybe get you 2-3" of lift because the fronts are still on the frame. Better to make a set of spring perches or carefully cut the bottom ones off and weld to the top of the axle tube and mount the springs above. Good for about 6" of lift without loosing the springs.This is how the 720 4x4s and mounted. Why would you want softer springs on the back? More suspension travel/articulation?

Yes, I'm not into just driving off road and ground clearance, I'm more into soft suspension and soaking up the bumps. Real prerunners are actually pretty low and just have a lot of downtravel. Longer shackles, while raising rhe truck slightly, will also give more leverage on the leaves which will make the ride softer (or so I'm told)

The only reason I would consider puttin newer style suspension on would be it they made and off road kit. The beebani thing would be tight for putting hardbody spindles on but if I couldn't use the upper and lower control arms then it would be pointless. The reason for my idea behin the hardbody suspension if that they make an extended a arms kit for it, the discs would just be a bonus.

I understand, what I'm thinking is possibly just making mounts for the hardbody arms, which will be much easier than making something completely custom. Then I could use the hardbody extended arm kit and make some coilover mounts. I'm just throwing around ideas, I don't really want anyone to make sruff for me, I have resources and knowlege to do it myself but I'm just really trying to figure out what people have done previously, such as the fantelli car, I really wanna see some close ups of that suspension

Yup. Ibeams it is I guess, best route. I've decided on for econoline link pin equal length I beams for ease of install, plus its symetrical which is nice for fabbing. That'll give me (if mounted stock distance apart from the for econoline) six inches wider per side than a ranger, about. Ill have them bent to lift and accomidate for camber. Thatll get me a capable setup, or at least have me on my way.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...