El dizzy conversion??

spec-bre

Hello "Rats",

I know there must be a bunch of threads on the subject but I am having no luck. Looking for a simple "how to" on swapping my early 77 a14 points Dizzy over to the later 77/78ish El dizzy I just picked up. Need a wiring diagram.. Can anyone point me in the right direction or post up any links on the swap???

thank you in advance!!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have the remote igniter type '78 cars only or '76-'78 California models the complete set up is below and includes a remote box usually found under the dash. It can be mounted anywhere that is out of the weather.

remoteigniter.jpg

If you have a remote igniter but the box is missing you can use a GM HEI module in it's place. The wiring for it is below...GMHEIconnections.jpg

Matchbox type from '79 on.

EIwiringtocoil.jpg

Don't know which one you have?

Remote igniter

EIdizzyremoteigniter.jpg

Matchbox dizzy.

EIdizzymatchbox.jpg

Matchbox dizzys have a small black box on the side.... remote igniters do not...DatsunEI005Large.jpg

Thanks for the reply.

Metalmonkey, and Mike, It is a matchbox Dizzy like in the last picture. I also picked up one like in picture# 2. Out of the two which would be the better choice?

Banzai, It's for a 77 B210. I also have the 510 used in my avatar.

So the second diagram is all I need to know?

I'll search the how to section now. I was on my I-phone and having trouble trying to do a search earlier.

Thanks again guy's!!

Will an Accel coil work?? I have one just sitting in tha garage collecting dust. The stock unit is a week out at Advance. I believe it's a dual purpose coil but not 100%. I'll check after work.

If it's the standard Accel round style EL coil, should be fine. Dunno if I'd put a Super Coil on it but I'm sure people have. Just remember to upgrade and re-gap your plugs.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

converting this week and have another question. is the black wire from the ignition to the current points dizzy the only wire I need to use from the factory harness?? this is what I'm gathering from the diagram.

make sure to gap the plugs .045