from lurker to owner

Unkeday

Let's not scare him off Drew, besides the tail lights, the grille, the dash, rear bumper, and the wipers which are the only 68 only things I can think of off the top of my head but he can always swap any year grille, open up the tail light openings to get newer ones to fit, 69 dash is also interchangeable in it, and any year rear bumper can be swapped on, so besides those dame exposed wipers there isn't that much that is hard to get if he had to.

BTW, congrats Unkeday on a sweet (rare) find!

I do believe the cam cover will have '1600' on it also?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do all '68's NOT have rear side marker lights?

I have a '68 2 door, no rear side marker lights either.

That's correct, it wasn't until 69 when they had them and they were round for 69 only, then the rectangles for 70-73.

Niiiiiice!!!! :cool: I've got TWO 68 2 door cars too! Yup, many early production 68's were titled as 69's, but your car is most DEFINATELY a 68 model, by the wipers & tail lamps. If you can get the MVA/DMV to change the new title in your name, that will help with re-sale.

PM sent about some parts..............

Nice!!!!!!!!!!.

Also do you have the original seats? Are they low backs? I've never seen a set of original 68 two door seats. Please say you didn't throw them away yet.

The 68 I had, did have the low back seats, they where kinda cool, a buddy of mine said they looked like theater seats! I'm sure, not good in a collision, but that's the way life was. It didn't stop me, that's for sure.

PM sent.

I'm in Warrenton, not much more than an hour northeast from you. We gotta get together soon!!!!!

VERY GOOD FIND and keep the momentum rolling along.

Dan

PS. Looks like conditions at my grandma's where I pulled my old Alfa Romeo from (with an ol' Ford tractor, nonetheless)

DSCN2600.JPG

I love it when the traditional Rat Rod guys use bits of street signs and random metal to patch something. They just leave the print on there and roll it like a patchwork quilt!

If you don't mind me asking, what did the Lincoln cost you? I've been shopping for a mig and am getting a sense of used prices. A guy near me is selling a Clarke (which gets nice reviews), but I read the brand went bankrupt, and aome consumables for it are NLA.

I paid $267, including the tax.

Went to the junk yard that I have been scoping out for the last couple months. It is not open to the public and I just happened to find the gate open one day and met the owner. He has been nice enough to let me roam the yard which is more like a bunch of cars hidden in a forest.

First find possible motor/transmission donor----I say possible because every truck I found that didn't obviously have the motor missing was also locked or parked so close to a tree that i couldn't open the door.

IMG_20120229_115456.jpg

IMG_20120229_115503.jpg

Nice!!!!!!!!!!

68 2 doors are my favorite :) I own two of them. I like the crazy wipers. I had to do the same thing with both of mine. Floors pretty much gone, same with rockers. Welding is fun though. I enjoy using my Miller 211, very nice machine. I had a Lincoln 120v machine before I bought my Miller.

All 68's 2 doors say they are 69's on the tittle. Kind of annoying but whatever.

Also do you have the original seats? Are they low backs? I've never seen a set of original 68 two door seats. Please say you didn't throw them away yet.

yep still go them. I'm not big on throwing car parts away unless the disintegrate into rust.

IMG_20120229_175147.jpg

280zx for suspension and brakes

IMG_20120229_123100.jpg

does anyone know of any other parts I need off this car. I am taking the car home and getting what i want off of it and the scrapping it and bringing the salvage yard owner the money. It's a good deal for me because I can disassemble it with access to all my tools and the scrap yard is only a few minutes from my house. just need to know if there is any thing else I need to take while I'm there. I was going to pull the dash and the seats as well as brakes and suspension

The wheels on the 2+2 are a good looking and cheap wheel on a 510. I am running them myself, but I'd like to get somethin more exotic in the future.

That is a wagon tail light lens. DON'T throw it away! I'll take it if your getting rid of it. PM me if you are.

Congratulations on getting an awesome find. A bit rough but all of it can be repaired. Keep up the good work and continue giving us Datsun Heads some photos to look at!! PM IceHouse because he wants those seats!!