did Z cars just have a better survival rate or....

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the zeds style has aged better as a classic in the eyes of alot of americans, whereas other models were run into the ground and discarded. at least thats my theory

and the other part of that is when you where buying a Z you where buying Datsuns top sports car....

if you where buying a 210 you where buying an A-B car to beat on.

an R35/370Z gets treated better than a Versa/Altama nomsayin

and the other part of that is when you where buying a Z you where buying Datsuns top sports car....

if you where buying a 210 you where buying an A-B car to beat on.

an R35/370Z gets treated better than a Versa/Altama nomsayin

yea, 210s definitely got the shit more then the rest. cheap then and cheap now

its a combination of these factors the s30 b0dy style ran from 70-79 where as the other body styles like the 510 for example were only 68-73 the 610 73-76 then take into account they were treated better cause they were a sports car not a commuter and you get them over all lasting longer that being said if i had my pick of any datsun out there the z would probably be 3rd or 4th on the list

It was the first one to be considered a classic, and was a "sports car" from new, both of which makie it more desirable and therefore more likely to be saved and preserved. All other Datsuns were working class cars, designed to be used up and thrown away. The 510 lucks out in that it has a racing heritage, otherwise they too would all be in the scrap heap.