bagged 510

72dyme

Jus wondering if any one has a bagged 510, not a wagon though. I just finished bagging the rear of mine, I will start the front maybe over the weekend. It was a whole lot cheaper then coilovers, and adjustable at a flick of a switch.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about airbags is that they are not the best for handling. Air is not the best springing median because the rate is not linear. IMO airbags are more for show stuff, and they don't have any place in a performance application.

Oh yeah, and as I've always said...

Bags are for Bitches!

First off, how are you gonna tell me that they are not the best for handling. What of anything do you know about the type of set up i used. Do you even know anything about air ride. I mean I do, do this at work all day you know. Check out the video and the website. This is one of my dist.

Second of off who are you calling a bitch, you dont even know me. Or is it you think your tuff cause you got more post the me.

th_bags.jpg

Dude, I didn't mean any offense...I was just joking. Jeez, now I feel like a total ass. I wasn't calling you a bitch personally, just making a joke about airbags.

But in terms of bags being not optimal for handling applications I stand by that statement because of what I said before. As air compresses the spring rate goes through the roof. A non linear spring rate is defineatly not what you want. Also air systems are pretty complicated and heavy. And with the 510 rear suspension the toe changes a bunch as you go through the travel so the alignment will constantly be changing depending on what ride height you are driving at. Just saying that in my opnion, bags are more for a cruiser car than a performance application. I know that alot of muscle car guys are using them in "Pro Touring" type cars but that doesn't mean that they are nessarily good for handling. Really, how many racecars do you see using airbags...none.

I just think that they are more of a looks thing than anything else, and personally I like my car to be low all the time, not just when parked.

yeah you are right about that duke, it is more for a cruiser car. But I never said i was planing on racing the car or anything of that nature. Yeah my car was dumped to all the time, since this is my DD. I get tierd of that bumpy ride, going up side ways on a drive way, you know what i mean. With the ride now, im literaly riding on air, its a whole new ride.

Wow, somebody didn't get enough fiber in their breakfast.

So they're not "not the best for handling" because the magnum doesn't sway as much anymore? You could take out the springs and replace them with pieces of solid pipe and accomplish that...

Wait...what magnum?