question about long sitting truck

Ok I know that there are enough mechanics on this web page, so I have question.. I have a chance to pick up a truck that has been sitting since 96. Now I know the person who owns the truck so I know the history. They have owned it since new in 86 (its a mazda not a datsun sorry) it has 86000 original miles on it. It has been started, not sure about driven within the last few years. It has been undercover in one of those portable carports. So it has been out of the weather so to speak. I have seen it and it seems to be ok, interior is ok, just a little mildew and spiders lol. I have talked to a few mechanic friends and they seem to think as long as engine is free and not froze up, it she come back....I am just looking for some other opinions and advice thanks guys.....

and yes the truck is peach and pink..with piano keys, it is owned by a girl who is into music....!!! 2nd picture is when it was shown in the mid 90s...!!!

100_0358.jpg

Photo08101856.jpg

the carport colapsed after during that snow a few weeks back....but it didnt hit the truck...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mini-truck guys sure know how to take care of your investments. :lol: I keep seeing all these "show" trucks left to rot.

Hey dont put me in that catagory, I have saved my chop top..that sat since 84. That old school truck that I just sold Pumpkin 210 Dave, I am assuming that sat for at least 10 plus years. I am trying to save this one, I dont like to see them sitting and going to crap either, but I cant save them all. This one I know and happened to be in my old truck club...

That 720 you had, is still sitting, I would have loved to got that one back to its glory...

wash, cut polish, wax, change all fluids, lube everything and drive

that what most people are saying, lub it up, put some mystery oil down the head and let it sit for a few days, change eveything...and run it.....And for sure needs a bath...

if the engine still turns it should be saveable. buddy of mine had a celica with a locked up 22re from blown head gasket. pulled the head, machined it soaked the rusty cylinders with some kroil alittle scotch brite and when when got it back together it didnt even smoke

• 4 weeks later...

no oil down the cyl till you do a comp. test. or u can end up with a false leak down reading. pull the plugs 1 by 1 turn the motor from the crank check comp i dont care what the factory readings are just see if theyre all close. if that checks ok sprits a lil oil down each pull the fuel line give a spritz of ethyr down the pipe and crank it if it fires stop turn it off and make the offer. this should not hurt the car and will tell you chapters about it. youd be surprised how long sumthin can sit and still make spark and run. dude you found a nice 1 love the targa on the ext cab.....gr8 score

bring a battery, some starter fluid, some oil and some luck, or tell them you want to buy it AS-IS, and get it for a cheaper with no guarantees on their part, it looks like a b2200 not sure but my buddy has a b2000 and its a tank, he got it in a slightly better condition but not by much, and after an half an hour of tinkering it fired right up :cool: , but if it is shot and you still want it mazda rebuilds are pretty inexpensive for those years..

why was it not driven?

Looks solid.

Mazdas had alot of bad head gasket proplems with some of there truck motors.

Maybe best to save another Datsun when one come by and pass this one up. Esp the part resources are better on Ratsun.

hells no get that shit at least it will be an easy flip if nuthin else