White 72 620 (Ol Yeller has a Brother!!!)

OL YELLER

OK spent the weekend doing a lil more body work on Whitey...

truck is startin to come together nicely...really like this white

primer I am using...looks almost like a finished surface......

anyway here are a cupla more pictures.....

100_7556.jpg

sanded the passenger side bed..few dings etc

100_7558.jpg

painted it and real happy with the result

100_7571.jpg

tailgate sanded and painted..also removed and repainted the tailight housings

100_7565-1.jpg

100_7569.jpg

put the fender emblems on..starting to look ready huh?

you guys with the sharp eyes will notice that the bed has not been finished or messed with yet...

that is next, for now it will be just sanded and cleaned and probably will use a gray primer to

cover the bed....enuff to look decent for JCCS....paint for the truck is still about a year off at

least...after that, I will probably go with the same as "Ol Yeller" got...herculiner roll on liner...

works really good..

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that is one solid truck. Very envious. I have a 72 620 here thats absolutely rotted to pieces.

Just keep workin on yur truck...it takes time but yu can really do wonders with these

little trucks...this is my 3rd build and i have enjoyed each one just as much.....

• 2 weeks later...

Haha that dude in the orange is attempting to hang with the Kool Kids..LOL

Check this out, Ol Yeller (Ron) hand lettered his '72's tailgate........... :w00t: :thumbup:

.line forms to right >>>>>>> behind me! I think it turned out choice.

100_7600.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Haha that dude in the orange is attempting to hang with the Kool Kids..LOL

Check this out, Ol Yeller (Ron) hand lettered his '72's tailgate........... :w00t: :thumbup:

.line forms to right >>>>>>> behind me! I think it turned out choice.

100_7600.jpg

Thank you Ray...was gonna use a airbrush, but remembered I dont have one anymore...just tryin this out...came out not too bad huh?

Hi Ron,

I had hoped to bring the RHD truck this year. It is still not done. I will be checking on it tomorrow. Also, I have used up all of My vacation days for this year. If I stand between trips with that day off I might drive down to spectate and make sure that there is NO SMORKING ! ! ! (Who ended up with that banner anyway ? ! ? ! ! !)

Uncle Ron it was good running down there with you and hanging out with you at JCCS.And next time slow down for the 521 so i can keep up with you.lol

saw ya sittin there on that on ramp and cud not help myself..told ya that lil L20B and maxima 5 speed was a swift lil bugger....good to have met yu as well..thats a good lookin 521, lookin forward to seein it finished..

r u leaveing whitey white?? I was thinking you could name it White Fang since the L20b and 5spd gives it more bite than the L16/4spd. Since you seem to have one truck named after a famous fictional canine, why not name the white truck after another famous fictional canine. (yes I know many people consider White Fang to be a wolf be he is actually a wolf/dog hybrid so figure calling him a canine is no biggy)

saw ya sittin there on that on ramp and cud not help myself..told ya that lil L20B and maxima 5 speed was a swift lil bugger....good to have met yu as well..thats a good lookin 521, lookin forward to seein it finished..

I was waiting for more guys and and when i saw you fly by and no one else coming out i said screw it and took off with you.and thanks for the compliments its a work in progress thats for sure.

r u leaveing whitey white?? I was thinking you could name it White Fang since the L20b and 5spd gives it more bite than the L16/4spd. Since you seem to have one truck named after a famous fictional canine, why not name the white truck after another famous fictional canine. (yes I know many people consider White Fang to be a wolf be he is actually a wolf/dog hybrid so figure calling him a canine is no biggy)

I had actually thought about doing that too...and yes He will be a White truck for sure...I have now had 2 new Nissan altimas in white and i really like the color..so 2013 Nissan white it will be (Prolly next spring/summer...) thinkin of havin both trucks at JCCS next Sept as well.......(oh and the "Ol Yeller" name actually dates back to my first Datsun Truck..a yelo 1976 that my kids actually started callin Ol Yeller that was back in the "good ol days..Ha Ha)...sooooo