MORE PROBLEMS.. please help

Datsy620

Ratsun.net is my problem solver. well anyways, i need help... AGAIN!

this morning i woke up to move my datsun 620 . and my clutch didnt want to go in gear. it goes in gear when its off but when its on it doesnt want to go in gear. there's like a force that doesnt let me put it in gear and when i try to put it in reverse it grinds. please help me. i need to drive it in a couple of hours to go to work,..

thank you

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my clutch didnt want to go in gear. it goes in gear when its off but when its on it doesnt want to go in gear. there's like a force that doesnt let me put it in gear

Mine goes into gear when it's off too ..... :rolleyes: ... .. and of course it's not going to go into gear when it's running

..... sounds like your clutch is doing absolutely nothing .... .. check the clutch master for fluid??

Can you get someone to push on the clutch pedal, while you look at the slave cylinder to see if it's moving the clutch fork??

I used my phone to take a video. hit record, run to pedal, pump a few times, run back, stop recording, watch video.

• Like 4
2eDeYe' date='03 February 2012 - 01:55 PM' timestamp='1328306149' post='626327']

+1 for video idear

I did that to check my steering :D

Edit: Sounds like your slave cylinder is going out and you built up pressure by pumping the pedal.

Steve I would think it's the master leaking internally and not building pressure. The slave has to move or not move the pressure can't go 'nowhere'. The slave isn't leaking so has to be the master. Just like pumping the brakes when you have air in the lines. I expect this hasn't fixed this and we'll hear more about it.