Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

We were away for a few days but if i had seen this before you ordered i probably would have sold you one for the same price i sold those flexplates to you for... Got one on one of the radiators i picked up last week that looks to be almost the same thing as one in pictures.

that`s worded confusingly,, but i aint fixing it.. :lol:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were away for a few days but if i had seen this before you ordered i probably would have sold you one for the same price i sold those flexplates to you for... Got one on one of the radiators i picked up last week that looks to be almost the same thing as one in pictures.

Damn, that would have been a good deal. Well, Ill scope out what I get in the mail and if its not what i hoped maybe we can still deal. Could be a good exuse to roll down and pester Jon too. 

Well I think I know why (or at least partially why) Ive been having battery issues:

10029269174_641ed893e4_c.jpg

Looks like I may need a new battery... guess I might as well buy a nice one and relocate it while Im at it. *sigh*

Carb swap has commenced:

10029321805_00fed8b930_c.jpg

Im having some trouble getting the intake manifold off. I have all four top nuts on the intake off and the two outer nuts which depress two large/thick washers onto both the intake and exhaust manifolds. Those washers dont seem to want to come off either... Am I missing something? I want to make sure there arent any bolts Ive forgotten before I try to mechanically agitate the manifold off. 

Are there bolts Im missing or is it 45yrs of gunk keeping it on?

Psh you didnt even know they were there when I asked you. I got the outside ones, but with no light, the smog stuff, and soot everywhere I could see those in the center. 

Ive never had to take off the manifold before so... 

All is well now. Rest should be quick. I have all the cables and linkage disconnected and ready for the Weber. I know Ill have to tap into the 12V ACC somewhere for the choke; whats everyones preferred spot?

Thats what I am saying.... did you get her running?

No. The girl came home and wanted dinner. If the weather holds up tomorrow, Ill finish it up then. Should be pretty simple now. 

FYI, I ran that thing with no choke, so its set to max open.

Good to know!

You still running points?  :confused:  Looks like it in the pic. you need to step up to electronic man! 

I have a single points dizzy. Its been pretty solid so far. I have a remote ignitor setup with box that Ive had for like 6mo now... just never wired it in. 

God damnit man I am green with envy (pun not intended) on how clean your engine bay is.

Super clean and the car wash. 

Ive been meaning to start a wire tuck, which will help and now that Im going to be looking for a new battery Ill relocate it. Should help out too. 

Super clean is good stuff though.