Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

Haha I meant more of a weird job for me. I did IT work then a machining job, then IT work haha. I have no idea what I was doing the machining job.

Honestly from what i have seen that you made you were better than some of the "journeyman" ive worked with

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dat Grill emblem! :frantics:

I need to get a hold of your "Parts guy"  Haha!

Mine!- get your own haha. Just kidding. I have a few channels I go through to pick up some nice stuff. My biggest advantage is the amount of time I spend on the Internet. Im on it almost all day and always searching for things, so what happens is I find guys all over the World that have cool items and I see if I can buy them. I get a lot of things in Japan, I bought those radio delete plates from South Africa... I just have no life currently, go I just look for cool Datsun parts.

Honestly from what i have seen that you made you were better than some of the "journeyman" ive worked with

Happy-oh-stop-it-you-l_large.png

They're on ebay from time to time. That's where I got mine. 

Yep, there was one a little bit ago I tried to get but I just missed out on it. I was lucky enough to pick this one up though. Theres a lot of stuff marked '510' on eBay, so unless youre looking at just a single seller known for 510 parts, you have to vary your search terms around to find what your looking for. Otherwise youre going to spend your time wading through 30pgs of items with most being magazine ads or fake Datsun watches. 

Mine!- get your own haha. Just kidding. I have a few channels I go through to pick up some nice stuff. My biggest advantage is the amount of time I spend on the Internet. Im on it almost all day and always searching for things, so what happens is I find guys all over the World that have cool items and I see if I can buy them. I get a lot of things in Japan, I bought those radio delete plates from South Africa... I just have no life currently, go I just look for cool Datsun parts.

I cant think of a greater use for the interweb: looking for rad datsun stuff.

I second the acellerator pump idea. Just take it apart. Its not rocket science.

Mine had the check ball loose just had to stare at it to see what was wrong.

Comon mistake on reasmbly of carb. My buddys fj40 was the same way

And his squirter was plugged w sand.then you need a good jet bit set

from tool truck guy. Just keep all parts in order. I spread em out. Like

a boy with legos.

I second the acellerator pump idea. Just take it apart. Its not rocket science.

Mine had the check ball loose just had to stare at it to see what was wrong.

Comon mistake on reasmbly of carb. My buddys fj40 was the same way

And his squirter was plugged w sand.then you need a good jet bit set

from tool truck guy. Just keep all parts in order. I spread em out. Like

a boy with legos. Thats a Great car!!duh. I only read the first page then posted.

My carb stuff thats funny. Well better late then never right. Ha ha

I second the acellerator pump idea. Just take it apart. Its not rocket science. Mine had the check ball loose just had to stare at it to see what was wrong. Comon mistake on reasmbly of carb. My buddys fj40 was the same way And his squirter was plugged w sand.then you need a good jet bit set from tool truck guy. Just keep all parts in order. I spread em out. Like a boy with legos. Thats a Great car!!

Thanks for the info. Ive been mostly just milking the car situation because I have a replacement already... just not installed. Ive basically been ignoring it since I know Ill just be replacing it soon. I say that, but I havent done any work to get the new carbs on. 

Luckily I have the carbs, manifold, and air cleaner boxed up ready to get the final touches to get them mounted. Now to just work on getting a good decent running engine going. 

So Ive been doing some cleanup. Working on getting new carpet to ditch the worn, torn, and rain soaked stock crap. I fixed a few more wiring rats nest areas. And then I got this in the mail:

8552596025_50f01ed77d_z.jpg

Ill clean it up and see if its nicer than my current dash. Ill pull the harness and clean it up and prepare for a fusebox relocate. And finally pull this cluster to prepare it for an LED retrofit. 

Love that feeling when you get parts in the mail :w00t: , then an instant vision of how its going to look on the car

For sure! I have the apartment office trained well it seems. Every time I pick something up, they ask if its for the car. The office manager had a '69 Roadster in high school. She said getting rid of it was a huge mistake.

You want to part with that glove box?

Possibly. I promised a nice glovebox door to another member. If its under the quality of his current door, Ill pass it along. Theres no liner though...

I did start refinishing the new JDM grille, but I think I might have to up the effort on it. I might have to break all the studs and have it sand blasted... then powdercoated.

What do you use on your dash to clean/protect it? I've heard some horror stories..

Also I've found a few imperfections on my dash pad.. I'm looking for ideas to stop them from spreading or getting worse.. maybe inject with epoxy?

I dont know what Im going to use yet... My GF used some stuff in her car and it came out really nice, but unsure what it is at the moment. This will need a deep cleaning so Ill be doing some research. This new dash has a vinyl recover thats glued down to the frame. When I pulled it out I was estatic because it had a perfect dash, but then I touched it and saw what it actually was.

I got linked to a dash replacement that aparently is top-notch. Its not a POS quality eBay item. The only problem is the company makes '68 pads and '70 pads only... what that means for us is that we have to buy a '68 cap and live with the indent above the radio. Im going to get one based on the recomendation and see how it turns out. It has to be better than this vinyl piece and all the cracks on the current pad in my car.

Hm.. I'd be interested in those replacements. Well the 70 one at this point.

PMd.

Continuing with the dash refresh I just bought new metal dash vents. No more green corroded vents! And I just picked up a new dash pad... figured I might as well pull the trigger and get this all done right.

Sounds like it's coming along. Need to pull the dash on my 510 and clean it out, and look for a dash pad or just refurbish it

I think the refinished dash will really turn the interior look around. Then shits not so faded and grimey. Im about to disassemble to new dash tonight and see that Im working with.