Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

From my experience they are quite bulletproof. Especially when you run an external cooler. That bitch will last FOREVER.

threw it away, even though it worked fine...    :rofl:

this is the best thing to do with an auto tragic 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Note: Grille isnt fully installed. Drivers side only has a a single bolt holding in on. 

List for FEST:

• L20 swap
  • Trans cooler install
  • Koyo radiator swap
  • CV axle swap
  • Carpet snaps
  • Wire tuck
  • Rear blinds fitment tweak
  • Shorten front struts
  • Install RCA/ball joints
  • Clean up vinyl stickers
  • Fully install grille
  • Replace hood cable assembly
  • Relocate battery with new battery

time to get busy dude, that sure is some list.

Yeah, but other than a couple things which Im hoping to do all in one day, its a lot of little things. I think as long as I chip away I can manage. 

I have about 30 days to get it together. 

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Yeah, but other than a couple things which Im hoping to do all in one day, its a lot of little things. I think as long as I chip away I can manage. 

I have about 30 days to get it together. 

Its a weekend list. a good solid weekend.

Could your high idle be because that carb is not designed to run synchronous?  There is no idle circuit for the second barrel.  The 38 DGEV has an idle mixture screw for the second barrel, as well as a seperate idle jet...

Just a hunch; a progressive 32/36 would probably run better with an autobox trans.... 

But that said, I have no experience with a synchronous 32/36.

Could your high idle be because that carb is not designed to run synchronous?  There is no idle circuit for the second barrel.  The 38 DGEV has an idle mixture screw for the second barrel, as well as a seperate idle jet...

Just a hunch; a progressive 32/36 would probably run better with an autobox trans.... 

But that said, I have no experience with a synchronous 32/36.

According to the PO it was running just fine as is a year ago when removed. It was running on an L20 so it just needs some finessing on my engine I would think. I also wouldnt be surprised if I adjusted way too much being my first Weber. 

Yeah, we ran into a small ok maybe rather large problem. Turns out tweakers may have stolen my 6-bolt flexplate and I need it haha. I have a Maxima L-series flexplate and spacers, but no starter to match the teeth. Not even sure if the Maxima starter will bolt to the L20 block. 

Soooo Im basically stuck at this point for a minute until we figure out what the hell were going to do. 

I do want to give a shout out to Mr, and Mrs. Hooligan for coming by and helping pull out the L16. :thumbup: