Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is an spider, hardly "everywhere"

That was the first one I saw... it was right where I put my hand to remove the back seat. I sucked up maybe 7 spiders from the back with the vacuum. They were everywhere...

Work continues, but came inside to clean the plastics for both the steering column as well as the heater. They are pretty grimy. 

Here is the work so far:

Test fit new front seat-

8658592687_096dfc3ec3_c.jpg

Space either side of seat when centered correctly-

8658592891_dbd102b23a_c.jpg

Carpet installed-

8660921325_08a180643b_c.jpg

Cleaned the front seat. Shout out to Laecaon and RedBanner for the suggestions on cleaner and Magic Erasers. Worked out perfect-

(after/before)

8662021390_9b82fba177_c.jpg

New cleaned front seat installed with carpet. I also cut off the curled vinyl torn areas on the seat, ran the seat belts up, and put the beads back on. I need to get some string or something to mount the seat covers more permanently as any time you move they slide down the seat-

8662021568_a98baf8312_c.jpg

Guessing that explains it being a tiny bit narrower? Looks good in there.  :thumbup:

Being that close to Canada it seems like you could find one from a 510? Maybe I'm high...

Yeah, its a bit narrower. 

You would think it would be easier up here, but no dice. Ive only seen one with a bench for sale and only know of one other besides that here in the States. I made due with what I had available. 

cant wait to see it sunday! (provided your still going to Nissan fest) its looking pretty clean!

Yeah still going. Q-tip and I will be representing the Southenders. I know Angelina should be going, any of you other Northenders enter?

wow that carpet looks ftd.....fresh to death......hope u made it down to oly safe.......the squirel door has been a real asset .......love the bench........and the anal bead seat covers..... those majic erasers are the bomb i carry one in my jet boat .....its covered in white vynil and its a good way to work on your tan at the lake while enjoying a beer.....makes the white like new...i was a doubter too when reccomended years ago ....

Dash reassembly is going pretty well. Had a bit of a heart breaker though... As I'm installing everything I notice some sort of twisted piece of metal. I compare it to the old frame and it turns out a PO ripped out the radio bracket and twisted the side of the brackets away to install an after market radio.

Fuck.

I don't know how I missed it in the beginning. I'll have to figure something out so that I can run an OEM radio.

Still pushing forward.

i thought it was just different from my style dash.... i would straightened it out better for u ... should be able to hand bend it back with no worries.....if you have to use pliers just wrap the part in a rag..

i thought it was just different from my style dash.... i would straightened it out better for u ... should be able to hand bend it back with no worries.....if you have to use pliers just wrap the part in a rag..

Its not your fault. I never even saw it. Unfortunately I wont be able to repair it that easily. The center (where the radio actually secures) is gone. Whats left is just the sides of the bracket and thats whats twisted away. Ill try to figure something out. 

Lame, that's why the radio in my kc is in the package tray. Keep in that mint dash mint

Yeah, very lame  :crying: