Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

thats fucked up frank u can edit that out or the next time i see u i will cave your door in asshole,,,and not the extra one u already have ....had a home baked pizza lately :mad: :poop: :mad: :mad:

Tell us how you really feel about Olympia Powder Coating haha.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did you paint the top of your oil cap? Looks good, you find a new one or is it the original? Mine looks like arse... I want a new one...

I just bought a new one minute ago... If you're interested in the old one it's yours. Just let me know and I can ship it or you can snag it from Jon.

Haha I got the last package after the UPS store was closed. I just wrapped up all the parts and just need to fill the box with peanuts and tape it closed.

I'll be able to drop it off tomorrow morning once the place opens (9am). I'll probably strip my radiator while I wait for it to open.

I wish I could go to bed. Still have 6hrs of work left.

thanks phrank... your scoring points left and right....love Jon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8cy-Axp4mQ

its like watching two cheapskates meet at night......

phrank is a big family guy fan....sometimes our conversations even go similarliy to this

u guys have a stripper depot up there.... what like two fers on bremelos......

So I stripped the radiator today... it went good and bad. Bad in the fact that it didnt come out all shiny brass like I had hoped. Good in the fact that its a bit patina'd so it actually looks pretty decent. I dont know if Im going to keep it this way, but it will for awhile. I did come across the flat black spray paint so if I dont like it I can respray.

Oics:

8017714867_b82ecf62b9_z.jpg

8017715102_35dfdc8b03_z.jpg

8017711561_c3d9eac723_z.jpg

8017743369_64b038e80e_z.jpg

• Like 1

Ive never owned a mechanical fuel pump before - let alone take one apart- so Im not sure of the feasibility, but can I take the top of the pump off, rotate it 100* or so couterclockwise (clockwise for Ratwagon since everything is different across the Equator due to the Coriolis Effect) so that the ports are facing the rear? I want to run fuel hardlines and route them along the block instead of the rubber ones coming in from the headlight area across the top of the fan. Possible?

Ps. Now that I take a closer look I see that the radiator shroud is 'U' shaped so I dont have to remove the fan to take it off. I should have just looked and I would have answered my own question about ease of removal. Now I can refinish it!

Hmmm, it actually doesn't look too bad.

Handy tip if you haven't tried it before, for jobs like this I use Aluminium foil instead of paper, it moulds easily around things and is resistant to paint stripper and other crap.

Coat of varnish over the top?

I was going to use foil as well, but didn't have any. Only thing I had left was wax paper... I even ran out of the paper you see in photos. I had to dig it out of a box as I was using it as packing.

I was using Never Dull which is what the Navy uses to shine brass, but all the patina remained.

I wanted to take it out, but I don't have the time to remove/install before work happens. Working all weekend. Once I have more time I'll remove it for a better job. I just saw JRock for a few minutes giving him some stuff to powder and he said he rocked it with steel wool. I have some in the garage so tomorrow I'll do that and see what happens.