Economic Stimulus Check

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think about it this way!

- If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, the money will go to China.

- If we spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs.

- If we purchase a computer it will go to India.

- If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras, and

Guatemala.

- If we purchase a good car it will go to Japan.

- If we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan...and none of that will help the American economy.

The only way to keep that money here at home is if we Americans unite together and buy: prostitutes, weed, beer, and tattoos, since these are the only products still produced in the USA.

Thank you for your help & please support the US economy and your fellow Americans.

True

They should have called it Economic Stimulus check for Foreign Countries.

US foreign policy in effect.

Check will be going to my credit cards.

Which is funded by another country.

I think about it this way!

- If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, the money will go to China.

- If we spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs.

- If we purchase a computer it will go to India.

- If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras, and

Guatemala.

- If we purchase a good car it will go to Japan.

- If we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan...and none of that will help the American economy.

The only way to keep that money here at home is if we Americans unite together and buy: prostitutes, weed, beer, and tattoos, since these are the only products still produced in the USA.

Thank you for your help & please support the US economy and your fellow Americans.

but also if you spend it on prostitutes, they are probably gonna spend it on crack and that wont help the ecomony here.

im going to use mine for recycling.

im going to buy a car that would otherwise go to our polluted landfills and end up being shipped to some third world country where they will pick the metal out so they can trade it in on a box of mac n cheese.

so in short my money is going to some old lady who will prolly give that money to a american pharmaceutical company.

if there is any money leftover its going to the local chapter of drunk weed smoking prostitutes union #69

From what I understand, it's not really a tax break.

More like a loan from the government so you can spend your tax return much earlier.

And I thought it was free money.

i thought as you did but much googling has told me it wont be taken out of our 08 return like the last rebait crap that bush did. it is free money. i still have a hard time believing it but it's true. bush is trying to buy our love. :lol:

There's nothing on the 1040 forms about the stimulus money. This is completely separate from any refund you may have recieved or been eligible for based on your taxes. It's a check they will send (based on SSN) starting in May. However the only way you will see it is to have filed a return. The amount you get is based on the number of dependants- Maximum amount is $600 for single/no deps and $1200 for couples plus $300 for each qualifying tax exemption (children under 17yo for you that have them). You also have to have had an income of over $3000 last year.

http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=177937,00.html

There's nothing on the 1040 forms about the stimulus money. This is completely separate from any refund you may have recieved or been eligible for based on your taxes. It's a check they will send (based on SSN) starting in May. However the only way you will see it is to have filed a return. The amount you get is based on the number of dependants- Maximum amount is $600 for single/no deps and $1200 for couples plus $300 for each qualifying tax exemption (children under 17yo for you that have them). You also have to have had an income of over $3000 last year.

http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=177937,00.html

I think you're refering to my post since I mentioned I did my taxes. I know it's seperate, I did my taxes and the software clearly indicated I was not going to get any of the $600.

Apperantly they have an income limit so if you make $75K or more a year they start to subract 5% of any income above that limit from the 'stimulus' money, so I get jack didley. My fiancee tells me I don't need that money and more deserving people do...I say screw that...that's MY money and I want to blow it on whatever I want to.

:lol: