Rear half of car

I live in Washington got hit by a drunk driver hit and run and I'm looking for the rear half of a 70 510 4 door

Pretty much from where the gas fill is back to rear bumper my trunk lid is ok just every thing else is gone

Or is it just better worth parting it out and start fresh with a new shell

I'm up for any ideas I'm just bummed for all what happened and loved the car

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a tough call not being able to see the damage from here. Maybe you could help us out a little. You may want to finish filling out your location with at least a state so we know were you are in reference to finding parts. Body parts on the east coast are a little tougher to find than the west coast.

Welcome to Ratsun.

my search shows Mill Creek is just North of Seattle. If so, your better off finding a 510 rear section since 510's on the east coast are rare. Post up some pic's of your damaged 510, just maybe, someone might be able to help you out.

There have been a couple rear end body grafts on Ratsun lately. Josh K did one, I'll post a link. Didn't Atom do one? Did Phil too? Finding those threads would give you an idea of what is involved with it. Look up member Atom Church and see if he can point you to his thread.

Here is Josh K's http://community.ratsun.net/topic/24498-the-resurrection/page__st__160 Look at page 9.

I should be able to fix it with time I have all the tools welder grinders torches cutters

With 50' skidmarks on dry pavement I Beleave the other car was going about 40 ish mph

I'm working in getting pictures of what happened

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.