RANT

HOLY HELL just read through this whole thread and it seems like we had a generation war going on for a while laugh.giflaugh.gif

I wish I could say I have a good consistent 40 hour a week job. I've been busting my ass all over town trying to find another job, or a new job but this job market SUCKS without experience. I wanna go to school and learn a trade, but I can't because I can't afford it.

My hours at Autozone keep dropping, but we're being thrown the same work load. Go figure.

It sucks, and I hate to say it, but we kinda do have it hard these days. I'm not saying it's impossible to live these days, but It's hard. It takes good parents and a good education to get where you wanna be.

Edited by metalmonkey47
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

old-people-correcting-history-teacher.jpg

I believe our North American civilization peaked around 1970 and has been going down hill ever since. This loosely coincides with the peaking of oil production here too. If we had unlimited energy we would be walking around on a layer of cell phones 3 feet thick right now. Instead more and more oil has to be imported, everything costs more to make, to buy, to rent, to own. I payed $0.32 for an Imperial gallon of premium gas for my 10.5 compression muscle car back in the day. What we pay for a gallon now I could fill a 15 gallon tank then. The days of cheap energy are OVER. We are slowly becoming aware that we have to pay more for less with fewer jobs.

Alberta is full of oil...

Do we get it nope...

We get it from saudi arabia(sp)now

Go figure!

The lowest I remember gas was .69 c a gallon(back before we went metty)parents had a store and gas staion in cedar..

I dont think its fewer jobs, just more population...

I remember gas for 1$ when I was 5. It was a big deal.

Generation dispute escalates into generation irrelevant agreement on the cost of energy / goods in ratio to job availability / pay.

laugh.gif I second that. Everyone was blowing up over $1.25 gas prices.

Now it's getting near $4 a gallon here. Like Ron Paul stated in a debate, "the low and middle class see it, but the politicians and CEO's don't see it."

Just last year (2011) a few days before the new year, I payed $2.93 for gas. Man was I happy. I could afford to snatch a few parts from the store for the truck, and had a little money to stash. Only a few weeks later and gas is near $3.50 with no justifiable cause.

The world we live in now is shit, hence the reason I felt obligated to share my point of views in this thread:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/39543-dreaming-of-the-glory-days/

laugh.gif I second that. Everyone was blowing up over $1.25 gas prices.

Now it's getting near $4 a gallon here. Like Ron Paul stated in a debate, "the low and middle class see it, but the politicians and CEO's don't see it."

Just last year (2011) a few days before the new year, I payed $2.93 for gas. Man was I happy. I could afford to snatch a few parts from the store for the truck, and had a little money to stash. Only a few weeks later and gas is near $3.50 with no justifiable cause.

The world we live in now is shit, hence the reason I felt obligated to share my point of views in this thread:

http://community.rat...the-glory-days/

Yeah you know yall have the most expensive gas out here right?

Depending on where you live around ATL. It could be worth it to drive to SC to fill up. I know several people who do. We average 50cents to 1$ cheaper than you.

Yeah you know yall have the most expensive gas out here right?

Depending on where you live around ATL. It could be worth it to drive to SC to fill up. I know several people who do. We average 50cents to 1$ cheaper than you.

Yup. We're pretty fucked. Seems funny, why such a HUGE difference in price within such a short distance? Our gas prices fluctuate inconsistently.

I used to hate ATL. I don't really mind it now to be honest, but some of this stuff has really gotten insane.

HOLY HELL just read through this whole thread and it seems like we had a generation war going on for a while laugh.giflaugh.gif

I wish I could say I have a good consistent 40 hour a week job. I've been busting my ass all over town trying to find another job, or a new job but this job market SUCKS without experience. I wanna go to school and learn a trade, but I can't because I can't afford it.

My hours at Autozone keep dropping, but we're being thrown the same work load. Go figure.

It sucks, and I hate to say it, but we kinda do have it hard these days. I'm not saying it's impossible to live these days, but It's hard. It takes good parents and a good education to get where you wanna be.

same shit happen to me. Truck was a bitch with less hours. Oh I am not working fast enough? have fun working with one less worker...

Yup. We're pretty fucked. Seems funny, why such a HUGE difference in price within such a short distance? Our gas prices fluctuate inconsistently.

I used to hate ATL. I don't really mind it now to be honest, but some of this stuff has really gotten insane.

There's a store here called Zekes that's been around since the 60's. There is a store across the street that has had a shitload of owners. They get into gas wars. Paid 1.60$ a gallon last month.

Zuma gets 50-85mpg

Alberta is full of oil...

Do we get it nope...

We get it from saudi arabia(sp)now

Go figure!

The lowest I remember gas was .69 c a gallon(back before we went metty)parents had a store and gas staion in cedar..

I dont think its fewer jobs, just more population...

It's because we sell it to the fuckin Americans, the biggest addicted/user/waster of energy in the world. :lol: What's fucked is no matter how much or cheap our oil it doesn't stay here, when it can be sold for world price and make more money.

Blame Canada

isnt that what they teach in school these days anyway. :lol: just blame someone else for your problems, cause you should not have to put in the effort to fix yourself. shit my mom started charging me rent 6 weeks after i graduated high school, if i had a job or not.

so i started learning a skilled trade at 19 with on the job training and the company paid for the schooling. now im 24 i have my datto and my own house. i try to learn as much as i can from those wiser than i.

piece of advise to my generation, start fucking listening to what older/wiser people fucking tell you!

It's because we sell it to the fuckin Americans, the biggest addicted/user/waster of energy in the world. :lol: What's fucked is no matter how much or cheap our oil it doesn't stay here, when it can be sold for world price and make more money.

You seem to be getting a bit gruffier as time goes on, Mike? Are Americans really that bad~ or is this a "manopause" thing...?lol.gif

You do know that " per capita " Canada uses more oil than the USA.. We use more because there is more of us, more people would rather live here..biggrin.gif

I didn't read the whole thread. I will. But....

$145 liability on a datsun? Wtf is wrong with your state? I pay $100 a month for FULL coverage on my 09 Nissan and I'm only 23, and $200 a year on my motorcycle.

Although, I get the thick part of Uncle Sams dick when I have to pay registration on the Nissan.

I didn't read the whole thread. I will. But....

$145 liability on a datsun? Wtf is wrong with your state? I pay $100 a month for FULL coverage on my 09 Nissan and I'm only 23, and $200 a year on my motorcycle.

Although, I get the thick part of Uncle Sams dick when I have to pay registration on the Nissan.

175$ for minimum / month datto

100$ a year for a motorcycle

You don't want me to get started with whats wrong with this place....