easy strut tower question

Booger

I was looking online for a new strut tower brace and I found one I finally liked (picture below). Now, heres my problem....the strut tower below is a Stillen. Now when I go to Stillen's website, there is no strut tower bar for a datsun 510. They only have Nissan 240sx, pickup etc.... Does anyone know what the part # is for this particular bar?

Thanks

thumbup.gif

turp070102z1973datsun51.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't find it either, didn't look hard though. I'm wondering if it could be a 240SX one (likely modified) because I know that camber plates from 240s work on 510s, so the strut tower should bolt on, although the width is probably different.

Couldn't find it on Stillen's site, but a 240 strut bar does quite a bit like that (small pics, so can't tell for sure what's going on).

http://zilvia.net/f/...-tower-bar.html

Couldn't find it either, didn't look hard though. I'm wondering if it could be a 240SX one (likely modified) because I know that camber plates from 240s work on 510s, so the strut tower should bolt on, although the width is probably different.

Couldn't find it on Stillen's site, but a 240 strut bar does quite a bit like that (small pics, so can't tell for sure what's going on).

http://zilvia.net/f/...-tower-bar.html

Yeah was thinking it might had been the same as a 240sx, but I wasn't sure. Good to know I wasn't the only one that couldn't find it haha.

As long as the bar itself is short enough to fit between the two towers the ends can be turned out to fit just about any Datsun Nissan. That's how I would design them so they would fit the max number of cars.

Very true +1. its all about whether or not you want a simple functional bar or something else for looks. i am going with a little more looks than functionality. the engine bay of 510's is where most people spend their time staring. i don't want mine to look like the guys next to me.

Yep, 90% of the really cool bars you see out there on 510s, are cut down modified 240sx ones.

Agreed. I also like the custom made strut tower bars. It's all about doing/making something no one else has. ....blink.gif

Was that you had that a strut bar just like that and some other old Racing Beat parts for sale on RX7club a recently?

Edit: never mind, the rust is different:

No i was looking for one like my Dads for a long time. no one had it. this one is a little harder to come by. My dad swapped some parts with me and gave it to me. i have to shorten it both ways a lot but I'm gonna get it to work with the 510. then ill powdercoat it to match.

I found a strut bar in the JY on an Altima I think. I plan on just modifying the mounting plate so I don't mess with the bar itself and so it will clear the carb. I'd figure it won't be as strong but thought I'd ask you guys. It'd be more like this one.

stillen_kia_soul_suspension_strut_tower_brace_1024.jpg

Here's mine, pretty sure it came off a Maxima or Altima. cost me $11.

e20a315f.jpg

I was looking online for a new strut tower brace and I found one I finally liked (picture below). Now, heres my problem....the strut tower below is a Stillen. Now when I go to Stillen's website, there is no strut tower bar for a datsun 510. They only have Nissan 240sx, pickup etc.... Does anyone know what the part # is for this particular bar?

As some have guessed, that's a narrowed 240SX brace on that car. I know because I took that photo. :P

Cusco makes one specifically for a 510, but I think they are the only ones.

Looks like this:

Cusco_208%20510%20A_01.jpg

As some have guessed, that's a narrowed 240SX brace on that car. I know because I took that photo. :P

Cusco makes one specifically for a 510, but I think they are the only ones.

Looks like this:

Cusco_208%20510%20A_01.jpg

Good find, I actually like that one. Might jump on that.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a strut bar in the JY on an Altima I think. I plan on just modifying the mounting plate so I don't mess with the bar itself and so it will clear the carb. I'd figure it won't be as strong but thought I'd ask you guys. It'd be more like this one.

stillen_kia_soul_suspension_strut_tower_brace_1024.jpg

Here's mine, pretty sure it came off a Maxima or Altima. cost me $11.

e20a315f.jpg

Nice score. I might have to hit up the junk yards, or maybe someone on Ratsun has a strut bar they dont want anymore!?laugh.gif

Nice score. I might have to hit up the junk yards, or maybe someone on Ratsun has a strut bar they dont want anymore!?laugh.gif

I hope you weren't referring to me not wanting mine. I haven't even gotten it on yet!? Can't decide if I want to mount it like that or wait till I get SUs and mount it between them.