Never-mind :)

***On second thought, if this is the type of 'helpful' advice I can expect from some of the Ratsun guys, let me just drop the favor. If five&dime can't help, I'll just forget it and spend $100+ and get it on ebay. Thanks for the help fellas.

Looking for a little help from someone who lives in Modesto. I found a cell phone (for my pops) on the Modesto CL that I want to buy but the owner doesn't or can't ship it to me for some reason (lame). I'd go to pick it up but don't have the time to go out there, especially since it's only $20 and would cost way more in gas money to go get it rather than spending the $2 to ship to me anyway.

I'm hoping someone that lives there that would help me out by picking it up for me and shipping it to me...I'd send you the $20 for the phone and cover shipping as well so you wouldn't be out any money.

I'd be really greatfull for anyone helping me out and would flow some Ratsun stickers your way! :)

Thanks guys!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds lame at the very least, i'm sure it is against a law to sell and ship something thats not yours that could get them arrested, they just want the money in hand in some parking lot somewhere, so you can't say, "that is the guy that sold me the phone". Sounds like a tweeker with a hot phone that could never be activated anyway. I could be wrong here though, will/did they give you the serial number of the phone so you can check that it's not stolen? People selling stolen things don't want checks, paypal, ect; they want cash in a parking lot.

• Like 1

This sounds lame at the very least, i'm sure it is against a law to sell and ship something thats not yours that could get them arrested, they just want the money in hand in some parking lot somewhere, so you can't say, "that is the guy that sold me the phone". Sounds like a tweeker with a hot phone that could never be activated anyway. I could be wrong here though, will/did they give you the serial number of the phone so you can check that it's not stolen? People selling stolen things don't want checks, paypal, ect; they want cash in a parking lot.

Jesus F*C&^NG Christ Wayno, are you this PARANOID in everyday life? She doesn't have paypal, she's older which is what this cell phone is geared to, hence that's why I want it for my dad since it's one of those phones with no web access, big buttons, etc.

Plus if you aren't able to help why the hell are you putting your two-PARANOID-cents on here? Seriously?!

• Like 1

Jesus F*C&^NG Christ Wayno, are you this PARANOID in everyday life? She doesn't have paypal, she's older which is what this cell phone is geared to, hence that's why I want it for my dad since it's one of those phones with no web access, big buttons, etc.

Plus if you aren't able to help why the hell are you putting your two-PARANOID-cents on here? Seriously?!

FWIW bro. I have talked to wayno a few times on here and email etc. I think he is just looking out for you.

Guess I am, seen to many people get screwed I guess.

Well if you have first hand experience I would understand, maybe I'm too naive but since I've talked and emailed this woman I get the distinct feeling she's no tweaker. She just doens't need the phone anymore and I'm sure my dad could use it but whatever.

Wow. Way to go full-on douche nozzle over some constructive advice.

Wow. Way to go full-on douche nozzle over some constructive advice.

Whatever Matt, if this is your type of 2 cents then by ALL MEANS keep it to yourself please. I simply am asking for a favor and if wayno or yourself aren't willing to help, then STFU and if you really feel like giving 'advice' how about sending it through a PM. I started this thread to hopefully get some help, if I thought I was sending someone to get in trouble then I obviously wouldn't do that. Again JFC!

Besides it's not like I was trying to ask anyone to pick a freaking 521 bed and tailgate and drive it half way across the State like you are, what if they were selling stolen shit? Did you verify THAT wasn't stolen goods? http://community.ratsun.net/topic/37275-near-chico-and-driving-to-so-cal-any-time-soon/page__p__574702__fromsearch__1#entry574702

ill be in modesto this weekend probablyy pm me man

I was actually going to PM you before posting this thread but since I wasn't 100% sure if you lived in Modesto or Manteca I didn't want to bug you! Thanks I will PM you!

• Like 1

Dudes, take a chill pill or it gets locked. 71Dimer your a good guy and all, but I think wayno was just quick on the keyboard to suggest being cautious. Wasn't personal against you.

If someone wants to help out Dimer, let him know. But dimer, telling people to STFU in a thread asking for help, might not get them lining up. :P

Cool you are looking out for your pops though.

Cary on.

Dudes, take a chill pill or it gets locked. 71Dimer your a good guy and all, but I think wayno was just quick on the keyboard to suggest being cautious. Wasn't personal against you.

If someone wants to help out Dimer, let him know. But dimer, telling people to STFU in a thread asking for help, might not get them lining up. :P

Cool you are looking out for your pops though.

Cary on.

I'm just telling Matt for sticking his nose on a thread with no useful input but to just come in and talk shit. It's just that it's a pet peeve when others 'chime' in when they're not giving anything useful in a thread rather they just feel like they have to comment. If I couldn't help out someone posting for a favor, then why would I bother posting on it, that's all I'm trying to say. No worries I just took my chill pill too! :P

***On second thought, if this is the type of 'helpful' advice I can expect from some of the Ratsun guys, let me just drop the favor. If five&dime can't help, I'll just forget it and spend $100 and get it on ebay. Thanks for the help fellas.

I'm just telling Matt for sticking his nose on a thread with no useful input but to just come in and talk shit. It's just that it's a pet peeve when others 'chime' in when they're not giving anything useful in a thread rather they just feel like they have to comment. If I couldn't help out someone posting for a favor, then why would I bother posting on it, that's all I'm trying to say. No worries I just took my chill pill too! :P

***On second thought, if this is the type of 'helpful' advice I can expect from some of the Ratsun guys, let me just drop the favor. If five&dime can't help, I'll just forget it and spend $100 and get it on ebay. Thanks for the help fellas.

Listen, you are right, jumping in a thread for no reason just to talk shit is annoying, but this is how these things spiral, right?Your post to wayno made another guy want to call you out on what he thought was not cool to another member who was offering practical, if unwanted advise.

If your post to Wayno had been a bit cooler, it would have stopped there. Little more background about the old lady selling the phone in your first post might have shed a lot more light on the whole thing. Wayno's paranoid meter might not have even been aroused. And you might have gotten help faster for sure. That is all I am saying.

You and Wayno are damn good members of ratsun, and there are 4000 members here, so I wouldn't give up on finding a helping hand yet.

• Like 1

Listen, you are right, jumping in a thread for no reason just to talk shit is annoying, but this is how these things spiral, right?Your post to wayno made another guy want to call you out on what he thought was not cool to another member who was offering practical, if unwanted advise.

If your post to Wayno had been a bit cooler, it would have stopped there. Little more background about the old lady selling the phone in your first post might have shed a lot more light on the whole thing. Wayno's paranoid meter might not have even been aroused. That is all I am saying.

You and Wayno are damn good members of ratsun, and there are 4000 members here, so I wouldn't give up on finding a helping hand yet.

Yeah I mean if I would have the same reasoning as some of guys on here then I would have never driven 45 miles to go check out and pay for Mark (pac coast datsun) a 510 wagon since he was in San Diego, this all before I even met him in person, just knew him through Ratsun. Heck that wagon could have been stolen then I would have been on the hook right? Or have gone to check out another wagon for a guy that lived States away and he wanted to get a first hand review of it, so I went to San Jose to check it out, took pictures of it, sent them to him, and gave him other info regarding the state of it so he could have made a better informed decision to buy it or walk away. All for guys I never met or knew previous to posting that they needed help, but hey that's how I see things. BTW, before my last post I sent Wayno a PM telling him I may have read him wrong and apologized. I'm not out to stir shit up (too much) but I'm still sticking firm to my pet peeves. I guess since this isn't the classified section where it's clear that it states to keep replies relevant to the thread topic. I guess those rules just don't apply outside the classified sections, oh well.

• Like 1

Can I offer a suggestion, take a medium flat rate box and put a small box pre stamped and addressed to the seller. She can put the phone in the small flat rate box and mail it from her house. Problem solved, now back to our regularly scheduled program.

:console:

Thanks for the suggestion, if this doesn't work out I'll just bite the bullet and buy it new. I didn't think this was such a big favor, plus whenever I've bought/sold lots of stuff through craigslist I haven't asked or been asked for any thing close to asking for the cell phone's or whatever serial number/proof of purchase/etx. I know if I buy something I always run the risk that it's stolen and the police come to me then I'll be out the cash I paid for it and the item but that's the risk with any cash transaction without a receipt. Again thanks for the useful suggestion!

Anything (usually small often irrational) that irritates the shit out of you. Like people who you don't know saying "Have a nice day!" and you say "Fuck off I don't need your permission, give me the fucking coffee!"

I regret posting to this thread now, after his reaction to my post, I agreed with him that I guess I might be paranoid because of my past encounters with craigslist people. I do not go to meet people alone much anymore. I just said something because I have never heard a good story about a cell phone sale, but I suspect that you don't hear anything about the good sales, as there is nothing to complain about. I am sorry I said anything, and I will think very hard about what happened here, and not let this happen again. I am sorry, I hope this works out for you. wayne

• Like 3

Whatever Matt, if this is your type of 2 cents then by ALL MEANS keep it to yourself please. I simply am asking for a favor and if wayno or yourself aren't willing to help, then STFU and if you really feel like giving 'advice' how about sending it through a PM. I started this thread to hopefully get some help, if I thought I was sending someone to get in trouble then I obviously wouldn't do that. Again JFC!

Besides it's not like I was trying to ask anyone to pick a freaking 521 bed and tailgate and drive it half way across the State like you are, what if they were selling stolen shit? Did you verify THAT wasn't stolen goods? http://community.ratsun.net/topic/37275-near-chico-and-driving-to-so-cal-any-time-soon/page__p__574702__fromsearch__1#entry574702

I was actually going to PM you before posting this thread but since I wasn't 100% sure if you lived in Modesto or Manteca I didn't want to bug you! Thanks I will PM you!

I didn't say your request was out of line, but your response to wayno, who was just looking out, was pretty rude. Yeah, I was a little concerned the tailgate & bed might be hot, cause, ya know, the market is just downright flooded with hot datsun tailgates and beds, not cell phones. Yup, gfys.
  • Like 1

Everyone in this thread is pretty well respected on Ratsun, and has said their piece, lets just choc it up to a bad night and move on folks.

If you can help Dimer out, PM him. Fingers crossed your pops gets a new cell!