exhaust tips and ideas

sam

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to do my exhaust and I wanted to know if you guys can give me ideas and pictures in what to do for exhaust ideas. Nothing ricer, maybe more vintage racing look. But there is almost no space down under the car!!! Lol geeezzz

that post gives no useful information.

first of all, what datto is it? kind of an important detail :rolleyes:

second whats your engine set up?

Here's the style I'm running.

5015801037_377084e404_z.jpg

Doesn't get much more vintage that this.

If that's not exactly your cup of tea, here are a few other examples of vintage setups.

rusty_exhaust.jpg

dsc01387.jpg

exhaust01112.jpg

4373d1072739134-milano-exhaust-broken-muffler.jpg

Lol that's just rat rod lmao ....

Na I have a high compression l20b with a peanut race head and some su doing the work for now till I get some Webbers

I'm doing, 3.5 dual tip on my dime, pics to come...

I'm guessing that a 510 usually runs a 1 3/4" pipe and maybe a 1 1/2" out back? Well a...

1 3/4" pipe has a cross section of 2.40 square inches.

2" pipe has a cross section of 3.14 square inches or about 30% increase over stock.

2 1/4" pipe has a cross section of 3.97 square inches, or about a 65% increase over stock.

2 1/2" pipe has a cross section of 4.90 square inches, or about a 104% increase over stock.

2 3/4" pipe has a cross section of 5.93 square inches, or about a 147.3% increase over stock.

3" pipe has a cross section of 7.06 square inches, or about a 194% increase over stock.

3 1/4" pipe has a cross section of 8.29 square inches, or about a 245.5% increase over stock.

3 1/2" pipe has a cross section of 9.61 square inches, or about a 400% increase over stock.

So have to ask if you are running a 454 in your dime? :D A 2" would be plenty for a small L16 hell that's what is used on the Z24. Say you run a 2 1/4" pipe. That would support a 2.6 liter motor. Do you think that having an extra 335% larger pipe above that will be worth the extra cost? Also the motor and carb is set for a smaller pipe. Going larger will upset the AFR forcing a lean condition and loss of power and torque at low speeds. If planning a freer flowing system have the carb re-jetted.

• Like 2

Installed a 12" Jones Glasspack that was 21$ shipped from Summit. took 1 day to get here.

Perfect fit, not very pretty but a solid construction. Cut the sound down to about a third of straight pipe. Took out the buzz and gives a very nice oldschool sound. Have a piece of flexpipe and a wide 16" tip that gives it a very throaty sound, need an adapter and some pipe and it's going behind the tire.

I'm guessing that a 510 usually runs a 1 3/4" pipe and maybe a 1 1/2" out back? Well a...

1 3/4" pipe has a cross section of 2.40 square inches.

2" pipe has a cross section of 3.14 square inches or about 30% increase over stock.

2 1/4" pipe has a cross section of 3.97 square inches, or about a 65% increase over stock.

2 1/2" pipe has a cross section of 4.90 square inches, or about a 104% increase over stock.

2 3/4" pipe has a cross section of 5.93 square inches, or about a 147.3% increase over stock.

3" pipe has a cross section of 7.06 square inches, or about a 194% increase over stock.

3 1/4" pipe has a cross section of 8.29 square inches, or about a 245.5% increase over stock.

3 1/2" pipe has a cross section of 9.61 square inches, or about a 400% increase over stock.

So have to ask if you are running a 454 in your dime? :D A 2" would be plenty for a small L16 hell that's what is used on the Z24. Say you run a 2 1/4" pipe. That would support a 2.6 liter motor. Do you think that having an extra 335% larger pipe above that will be worth the extra cost? Also the motor and carb is set for a smaller pipe. Going larger will upset the AFR forcing a lean condition and loss of power and torque at low speeds. If planning a freer flowing system have the carb re-jetted.

Wth are talking about?:geek: :rofl: i have a KA24DE not a L16. my exhaust is guna be 2>2.5>3.5 dual tip. last i checked 2.5 was good for a n/a ka.

• Like 1

Wth are talking about?:geek: :rofl: i have a KA24DE not a L16. my exhaust is guna be 2>2.5>3.5 dual tip. last i checked 2.5 was good for a n/a ka.

Well you ask about exhaust pipes and leave out the most important thing?

I want to do my exhaust and I wanted to know if you guys can give me ideas and pictures in what to do for exhaust ideas. Nothing ricer, maybe more vintage racing look. But there is almost no space down under the car!!! Lol geeezzz

If you keep the EFI then the ECU will correct the air/fuel ratio but still an 8" won't be any better than a 3". It's a case of the law of diminishing returns. Costs more and more to get less and less.

• Like 2

when did i ask about exhaust pipe? and how am i leaving it out if im telling you what i have??

:rofl:

If you keep the EFI then the ECU will correct the air/fuel ratio but still an 8" won't be any better than a 3". It's a case of the law of diminishing returns. Costs more and more to get less and less.

an exhaust tip wont change air/fuel ratio

• Like 1

You're right you didn't use the word pipe.

dunno why you were (-1) on that comment mike.... i gottcherback tho

Some people only like to neg rep for some reason. As it's anonymous to the receiver, it's somewhat cowardly and no one knows the reason why. I prefer to + where warranted. It's a positive feedback and gets better results. No one ever complains about a + rep or from who :). I gave 2 neg reps last year. (they were exceptionally bad posts)

• Like 1