barrett jackson

Impressive. I think cute tends to sell at BJ. All these rich old dudes wanting to include their wives in their hobby so they can keep doing it without the spouse hating it. I did the same thing with my wife and banana bicycles. I was getting pretty obsessed with banana bikes, so I bought her one and showed her how she could buy custom parts for it and make it her own. She got into it! (Course the bike I bought her was only $10!)

Makes me wonder what my '59 could sell for at BJ if it were fixed up? (Not that I am selling it any time soon. If ever.)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mitsubishi jeep had a more modern turbo diesel engine, so engine parts for it are probably relatively easy to get. I actually had a chance to buy it at a local car show a couple months back, but didn't have the money. Which is probably good, since I don't have indoor space for it anyways.

The patrol was nice too. The interior was relatively stock, aside from a piece of diamond plate on the front floor, and some aftermarket gauges hanging from under the dashboard. He had all 4 of the original split rims, which are not easy to find. You could easily make it look stock again. Just not a fan of the pastel blue. They look much better in the factory tan or red.

The Mitsubishi jeep had a more modern turbo diesel engine, so engine parts for it are probably relatively easy to get.

I actually had a chance to buy it at a local car show a couple months back, but didn't have the money. Which is probably good, since I don't have indoor space for it anyways.

So did it bring more at BJ than he was asking at the local car show Yellow?

buyers pay a premium for the convenience of having all that stuff in one place, and every one of those vehicles shows exceptionally well. None of those prices are out of line for a good historic vehicle. (that goofy yellow z thing being the main exception. wtf is up with that front end?)

Cool to see datsuns getting some respect, but slightly less cool to see the popularity drive up the price. So it goes.

They pay for the convenience of not have to build it themselves.

They are successful later in life and have the money to try and re-capture something they had or never had when younger.

They want a flavor of the month car everyone else wants no matter the cost or what it is.

They see the prices these cars bring and want their money invested in one.

It's all money driven and high auction drama for tv. I can only hope there is at least one person who gets his '64 Mark III Austin Healey that he has always wanted, puts the top down and drives past the $500,000 '70 HEMI 'Cuda being loaded on one of the climate controlled trailers, and spends the next two weeks driving home the long way.

i personally like that there are thes cars out there and will be kept in pristine condition for longer then all of us will be alive. sure they are going for outrageous amounts but if everyone mad mods and drove the shit out of their datsuns these museum pieces wouldnt exist. its the balance to the poor cars that get left out in the field never to be heard of again

I personally love Barret Jackson !! I clear out part of my shop , invite over a dozen or so of my car buddies to drink beer , eat food , talk cars and watch the auction ... good times . The only negative part is they are getting a little carried away with all the late model charity cars . Im all for charitys ... just not so much as im enjoying nice collector cars . I also dont like the fact that it gives the guy/gal that knows nothing about cars that false impression that thier rusty , 74 4 door Nova is worth a zillion dollars :blink: