Need some information for court

I am in need of real values for 68/69 510 4 doors. Condidtion does not matter I just need to prove what these cars are worth in all ranges of condition. If you could give me links to for sale ads or to listings that have sold (ebay etc.) or maybe what you payed for yours. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. thanks!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in court ... you are best having a "professional" that is legally able to "appraise your items ... i would have them appraised if possible in adjacent to your information... many times this is a really consuming process ... credibility is everything .... think "official" paths

I would think ads and prices ... linked to your regional ... would be more credible... if this is a local issue

"Prntscrn" function on your keyboard is your friend.... saves images

Maybe a datsun restorer in your area can help you ... for a small fee :)

Good luck with your experience.

DTP

in court ... you are best having a "professional" that is legally able to "appraise your items ... i would have them appraised if possible in adjacent to your information... many times this is a really consuming process ... credibility is everything .... think "official" paths

I would think ads and prices ... linked to your regional ... would be more credible... if this is a local issue

"Prntscrn" function on your keyboard is your friend.... saves images

Maybe a datsun restorer in your area can help you ... for a small fee :)

Good luck with your experience.

DTP

I will be representing myself in court. THERE ARE ZERO CARS FOR SALE FROM ME WITHIN 500 MILES (I live in Kentucky). The car I had cannot be appraised it has since been stolen and crushed. THERE ARE NO DATSUN RESORATION SHOPS ANYWHERE WITHIN 25 LIGHTYEAR FROM ME.

Thus I am asking help from you! dry.gif I need original adds, bill of sale, etc etc etc. FROM any and all 68/69 510 4 doors. Thanks!

I can't really help out since I don't know the 510 all that much. Although you might ask Datsun Mike and Skib to write you letters outlining the FACT that where you live, the cars are EXTREMELY rare, and thus far more valuable (they can claim that years and years of experience in the Datsun community, as well as operators of this site as their credibility; especially with Datsun Mike having decades of Datsun experience).

What is the whole story here? I'm just being nosy.

I am in need of real values for 68/69 510 4 doors. Condidtion does not matter I just need to prove what these cars are worth in all ranges of condition. If you could give me links to for sale ads or to listings that have sold (ebay etc.) or maybe what you payed for yours. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. thanks!

What are the particulars of the case? Why do you need values of 510s? Insurance claim? Ah.. I see, found this:

The car I had cannot be appraised it has since been stolen and crushed.

I think you would need to show what YOUR car would be worth on the market. A list of example 510s that have sold that are in a similar state or condition would help. This is why I stress a build thread on here. It will show much more than just the new parts you paid for.... like months of work and fabrication that went into it, accumulating hard to find parts, best of all how complete the car is. Before and after pictures are an invaluable aid to appraisals. Interior, outside, engine, trunk, tires and rims... you can't have too many.

If I may, I'll play the insurance company. (or who ever may be responsible for re-reimbursing you for your loss) Naturally I'm only going to pay you as little as possible for a crushed car of unknown condition. You will have to prove it's worth before I give away any money. Right now it looks like it's weight in scrap.

What are the particulars of the case? Why do you need values of 510s? Insurance claim?

I think you would need to show what YOUR car would be worth on the market. A list of example 510s that have sold that are in a similar state or condition would help. This is why I stress a build thread on here. It will show much more than just the new parts you paid for.... like months of work and fabrication that went into it, accumulating hard to find parts, best of all how complete the car is. Before and after pictures are an invaluable aid to appraisals. Interior, outside, engine, trunk, tires and rims... you can't have too many.

So by this statement ...maybe i should delete my build thread(s)

huh.giflaugh.gif

I will be representing myself in court. THERE ARE ZERO CARS FOR SALE FROM ME WITHIN 500 MILES (I live in Kentucky). The car I had cannot be appraised it has since been stolen and crushed. THERE ARE NO DATSUN RESORATION SHOPS ANYWHERE WITHIN 25 LIGHTYEAR FROM ME.

Thus I am asking help from you! dry.gif I need original adds, bill of sale, etc etc etc. FROM any and all 68/69 510 4 doors. Thanks!

Braden ... He also lives in Kentucky ... Had a 510 stolen and crushed and scrapped ... Too bad either way ... Too bad he was banned or he might be of assistance.

You done yelling ? ... :lol: ( I know its frustrating )

I really am sorry your car was stolen ...

I have taken numerous ... Very time consuming ..law courses .... All taught by lawyers ... This is how I would start my case ... Of course you are in a pickle ... There are members from TN and Ky .... Time to pound the pavement !

Best of luck ... :)

I think you can do some research through the past threads to show that lots of people have complained how rare and expensive even shitty cars are in the midwest or east coast. What would sell for $1000 here on Washington would be upwards of $3000 or more in KY. Are you suing the guys who stole it? Are you suing the scrapper who illegally crushed it?

You are free to place any price you want on it. I wouldn't take $5,000 for my car but that doesn't mean I could get that from insurance or from a law suit.

If I may, I'll play the insurance company. (or who ever may be responsible for re-reimbursing you for your loss) Naturally I'm only going to pay you as little as possible for a crushed car of unknown condition. You will have to prove it's worth before I give away any money. Right now it looks like it's weight in scrap.

Post some pictures of it and a description of it. Did it have a running motor in it? interior, painted, need body work, rust? any missing trim, drive train parts, stock brakes and suspension, glass?