Ford Eco-boost

Im sorry ... i hate those bullshit tests ... at the beginning of the thread. .. doesn't matter the manufacturer.

Nothing against the OP :)

I am a fan of some fords ... explorer ... growing up .... i did all maintenance ... never once broke down with proper maintenance ..... has almost 180,000 miles ... valvoline durablend 5w-30 ... then valvoline max-life once durablend discontinued ... original water pump, and timing gear ! 1clutch , 1 alternator, brakes, regular oil changes and maintenance ... sucker doesn't leak or use oil! Sure a little lower compression

Brother bought a f150 with 273,000 miles ... rebuilt engine 10,000 miles ago ... original trans ... again all maintenance was done ... oil changed religiously... i know this because kit was my buddy's dads truck ...

Another guying know had 210,000 miles on a ford Taurus ... 1 rebuilt trans, ,,, org engine, ,, ac compressor went out, and headlight switch .... all maintenance done! !!

ford f150 300ci 5spd ,,, i rolled bearings in it ... water pump, ,, brakes and oil changes, ,, sucker runs smooooottthhh ... cleaned battery cables and stripped back ... 180,000 miles

Ford ranger, ,, 2.3 ,,, never let me down ... 150,000 + ... yup got s little piston slap

1988 Chevy 4x4 ... 190,000 on a 350 ! Beat to shit ... Lucas keeps it alive ... runs just fine and reliable ... 3 transmissions ( tow pig)

Not saying ford is greatest ... i like Chevy to ... and hinders .... etc ...

I'm saying maintenance on any car ... gets you far ... unless the drivetrain is plagued from the start ... then your fucked. Lol.

I like all kinds of brands ... j drive what works ... and what works for me :)

This engine is over hyped ..,

• Like 1
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon521 .. if you want to do this or any other swap ... don't let my words(bs) stop you! !! :lol: :) ;)

Its a neat idea mang ... just do what you wish to :cool:

Would love to stick a Taurus sho engine in an s30 ... if the Rev limiter was removed easily ... gotta research that ...

Damn you auto-correct

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Im sorry ... i hate those bullshit tests ... at the beginning of the thread. .. doesn't matter the manufacturer.

Nothing against the OP :)

I am a fan of some fords ... explorer ... growing up .... i did all maintenance ... never once broke down with proper maintenance ..... has almost 180,000 miles ... valvoline durablend 5w-30 ... then valvoline max-life once durablend discontinued ... original water pump, and timing gear ! 1clutch , 1 alternator, brakes, regular oil changes and maintenance ... sucker doesn't leak or use oil! Sure a little lower compression

Brother bought a f150 with 273,000 miles ... rebuilt engine 10,000 miles ago ... original trans ... again all maintenance was done ... oil changed religiously... i know this because kit was my buddy's dads truck ...

Another guying know had 210,000 miles on a ford Taurus ... 1 rebuilt trans, ,,, org engine, ,, ac compressor went out, and headlight switch .... all maintenance done! !!

ford f150 300ci 5spd ,,, i rolled bearings in it ... water pump, ,, brakes and oil changes, ,, sucker runs smooooottthhh ... cleaned battery cables and stripped back ... 180,000 miles

Ford ranger, ,, 2.3 ,,, never let me down ... 150,000 + ... yup got s little piston slap

1988 Chevy 4x4 ... 190,000 on a 350 ! Beat to shit ... Lucas keeps it alive ... runs just fine and reliable ... 3 transmissions ( tow pig)

Not saying ford is greatest ... i like Chevy to ... and hinders .... etc ...

I'm saying maintenance on any car ... gets you far ... unless the drivetrain is plagued from the start ... then your fucked. Lol.

I like all kinds of brands ... j drive what works ... and what works for me :)

This engine is over hyped ..,

Exploder musta been the second gen?

The first gen had the dog motor with real weak klacky valves(had one)

The second gen have one now.. 322,000 KM (approx 200,000 Mile) Runs like a top still.

Maitenence not much :o (its the beater yah know)Idle control valves get noisey tho :lol:

Exploder musta been the second gen?

The first gen had the dog motor with real weak klacky valves(had one)

The second gen have one now.. 322,000 KM (approx 200,000 Mile) Runs like a top still.

Maitenence not much :o (its the beater yah know)Idle control valves get noisey tho :lol:

Yeah ford has its share of problems lol ... no doubt lol ;)

:cool:

Agreed ... i still liked the first gens lol ... piston slap as well

Yup second gen 1998 (small v6 ohv)... 5 speed ;) :D

You have ohc ? :)

The beater haha

Guest 510kamikazifreak

:cool:

Agreed ... i still liked the first gens lol ... piston slap as well

Yup second gen 1998 obvious (small v6 ohv)... 5 speed ;) :D

You have ohc ? :)

The beater haha

Same ohv 4.0 in mine

Cologne I think its called???

Need something to haul the dog in yah know(big Shepard, Lab Cross)takes up half the hatch area :blink: ,only reason its still around,have enough datsuns to keep us going til the end of our time I think :lol:

Goonparts006.jpg

^ poooch,been with us for 10 yrs in a couple months,got him at 6 weeks

Same ohv 4.0 in mine

Cologne I think its called???

Need something to haul the dog in yah know(big Shepard, Lab Cross)takes up half the hatch area :blink: ,only reasion its still around,have enough datsuns to keep us going til the end of our time I think :lol:

Nice man! !

Nice! !! The least powerful motor ended up being the best one of the batch lol

Gotta take the dog! !! Haha they do take any room they can

Ohc = 4 timing chains on back of engine ... engine must be pulled ... special tools $$$ ... $1,300 job if sourced out to a shop !! Lol :blink:

Yup you sure do! !! You'll be buying a few more this year :cool: ;)

Damn u auto correct

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Nice man! !

Nice! !! The least powerful motor ended up being the best one of the batch lol

Gotta take the dog! !! Haha they do take any room they can

Ohc = 4 timing chains on back of engine ... engine must be pulled ... special tools $$$ ... $1,300 job if sourced out to a shop !! Lol :blink:

Yup you sure do! !! You'll be buying a few more this year :cool: ;)

Damn u auto correct

Go figure the least power is the best :lol:

That they does (dogs)

Yikes no OHC ford for me ever :lol:

OHC datsun anyday anytime :cool:

Not this year,hope to build a shop or least a shed,need Orange home :( its 2 hrs away :(

But dry and safe :D

Go figure the least power is the best :lol:

That they does (dogs)

Yikes no OHC ford for me ever :lol:

OHC datsun anyday anytime :cool:

Not this year,hope to build a shop or least a shed,need Orange home :( its 2 hrs away :(

But dry and safe :D

Lol nice .... do ettt ... lots of work ... but you do that shit blind folded eh?

Yup no ohc explorer for me either lol ... nice power though

Yeah go figure haha ...

Yup ... orange home sooner the better :)

The ecology boost ... makes me think of the ford zx2 and focus ... actually decent engines ... i saw whole front suspension wear out on one at 60,000 hahaha ... engine ok though ...

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Lol nice .... do ettt ... lots of work ... but you do that shit blind folded eh?

Yup no ohc explorer for me either lol ... nice power though

Yeah go figure haha ...

Yup ... orange home sooner the better :)

The ecology boost ... makes me think of the ford zx2 and focus ... actually decent engines ... i saw whole front suspension wear out on one at 60,000 hahaha ... engine ok though ...

Can wing it :cool:

I get to see Orange every couple months whenI pay the storage for teh garage its in :blink:

Yep I want to see all the "new junk" in about 20 to 30 yrs...

Then well see :lol:

Guest 510kamikazifreak

The reason Fords suck is because they are mostly made in Canada....Yes Canada .A country that can`t even hydraulically lift three posts at one time.

vancouver-torch.jpg

:lol: :rofl:

Eh

I think it's no different then all the marketing we've seen for any other engine in the last 20 years.

IT'S A SALES TECHNIQUE. As simple as that. I bet when we look at it down the road in 5-10 years, we're going to start seeing them die. No doubt.

Chevy 305? PSH that motors not worth playing with IMO. It's easier to find a 350 that has a similar weight, less restrictive heads, no emissions ETC.

The Chevy 3.1, and 3.4L were TERRIBLE MOTORS. My mothers '00 Venture had it replaced under warranty at 30K miles because of a recall on the top end. @ 150K miles we had the heads off replacing the weak intake gaskets that would fail and leak coolant into the runners. We did it also at 200K miles. It got 2 water pumps, but I can't blame that on the motor really... This was on the 3.4 motor.

My sisters '96 Monte Carlo with the 3.1 had the exact same issues. We did intake gaskets when we got it from my Aunt. A few months later, the head gaskets said ADIOS. Other then that, it hasn't been too bad. The car wants to die, but we're trying to keep it alive until she can replace it.

I hear people complain about their cars all the time @ Autozone, and most of the people having issues are the same ones that buy $9 oil changes. Occasionally I'll get the gung ho car guy that comes in and buys Royal Purple and K&N for his cars, but the majority just don't give a fuck. Put in Autozone oil and if it leaks out, put in more.

This new Ford motor needs to prove itself before it gets any respect from me.

Edited by metalmonkey47

Can wing it :cool:

I get to see Orange every couple months whenI pay the storage for teh garage its in :blink:

Yep I want to see all the "new junk" in about 20 to 30 yrs...

Then well see :lol:

Haha yup! !!

Ti's good .. glad its locked away...

The new junk will be plastic engines,..

Datsun .. forever

Leave it to bananna-man to push the do not push button haha

To me, the motor only lasts as long as the owner lets it.

I bought my 210 two years ago from a bunch of stupid fucks that didn't know how to work on it. $500 cash and we drove it home.

I put a rebuilt the top end, kept good oil in it, and drove the hell out of it for two years before I sold it for my 620. I wish I could have kept it, because it was a fine running car.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Haha yup! !!

Ti's good .. glad its locked away...

The new junk will be plastic engines,..

Datsun .. forever

Leave it to bananna-man to push the do not push button haha

Go figure a 40 yr old car gets special treatment :lol:

Even White and spot get the porta garage,explorer gets weathered :lol:

Yup the new junk will be platic,and how many will be left I really do wonder,disposable society now :blink:

Guest 510kamikazifreak

To me, the motor only lasts as long as the owner lets it.

I bought my 210 two years ago from a bunch of stupid fucks that didn't know how to work on it. $500 cash and we drove it home.

I put a rebuilt the top end, kept good oil in it, and drove the hell out of it for two years before I sold it for my 620. I wish I could have kept it, because it was a fine running car.

just couldnt keep that damn wheel on

Fixed..

and agree,but they take a licking and keep on ticking :lol:

I bet most people won't let the truck idle after use to let the oil cool down, that always is a major problem for the turbos

Unless you just got down beating on it, the cool down isn't really needed with basic daily driving on oil/water cool turbos. It doesn't hurt, but isn't really needed.

Guess what my 1993 Nissan Maxima Daily Driver w 346000km passed on the freeway this morning? A 2002 Taurus...no accident just broke down piece of shit.

Ford = Fail

Please, go ahead buy an Eco boost, so you can prove how in 5+ years it'll be broke down too. or keep driving, maintaining and improving that 30+ year old Datsun, or 20+ year old Nissan just like Ratsun will help you do. :)

Radio

Guess what my 1993 Nissan Maxima Daily Driver w 346000km passed on the freeway this morning? A 2002 Taurus...no accident just broke down piece of shit.

Ford = Fail

Please, go ahead buy an Eco boost, so you can prove how in 5+ years it'll be broke down too. or keep driving, maintaining and improving that 30+ year old Datsun, or 20+ year old Nissan just like Ratsun will help you do. :)

Radio

2006-2007 Mazdaspeed 6, 2007+ Mazdaspeed 3 MZR DISI 2.3 liter Direct Injection motor, Plenty of them still on the road with no problems (when left stock lol), a lot of the ecoboost technology was already tested in that motor and the ford ecoboost 2.0l shares a block with the Mazda 2.3l DISI engine.

I don't say that in a reason to buy the ford instead of keeping your Datsun :-), but I would love to merge my Mazda and Datsun gayness with a DISI 2.3L powered Dime.