Woot: GoPro HD Helmet Hero for $135 + tax

Thought some of you cats might be interested in this.

gopro-hd-1080p-hero-front_thumb.jpg

http://www.woot.com/

This is the nicer one with the expansion port and 1080p recording. The price, even after tax, is still about $40-$50 less than any place I can find.

They are releasing a new model, but honestly, the improvements aren't worth it being nearly more than twice the cost.

Here's a comparison chart if you're curious.

http://gopro.com/product-comparison-hd-hero2-hd-hero-cameras/

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The hero 2 months ago was 278 I'm buying this

Ya, the H2 looks like its great if you need "professional" quality, otherwise the HD should be perfect for the vast majority of people. I do like that the H2 has a stereo mic input, but no big deal. This price puts it as cheap as the Hero 960 which lacks 1080p and the expansion port. I'm happy. :)

Ya, the H2 looks like its great if you need "professional" quality, otherwise the HD should be perfect for the vast majority of people. I do like that the H2 has a stereo mic input, but no big deal. This price puts it as cheap as the Hero 960 which lacks 1080p and the expansion port. I'm happy. :)

Dat audio quality, you just reminded me how awful the sound is from the gopros, also no preview screen

Wondering wether spending an extra 100 dolllars for a dslr

But lenses are like 1000 dollars

I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did.

The first one I had was the wide angle 5mp. I found it at a track while cleaning up ruts along side the track. The case was broken but the camera worked. I made my own mount by using plexiglass and suction cups from harbor freight. It worked great until something with the firmware went bad. I even had it hard wired using the cig lighter.

While it worked I was very happy with the resolution. The HD with this new one you can't go wrong at $130.

I had a couple of people on one of my z lists that bought them this morning. Now i am going to have to contend with one of theirs wives because he is blaming me for him getting one. All I can say is bring her on!

Not very exciting but I made this with the HD hero when I first got it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDrrBF-zu00

I have been using the camera on a project for the last 6 months with no problems whatsoever. They are really great little camera's and once you get used to the shot, The lack of preview screen is not bad.