Scammed or legit?

So I got a call earlier from a TN number. Lady ask me to confirm some info then say's I've won a 250$ walmart gift card. Some consumer something another, spread to my location and did drawings for promotion blah blah. So I'm like PSSH Bullshit alert, give me info. Sounds legit. Confirmed all the info again and was told they would put a voucher redeemable at walmart in the mail tomorrow. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! 6 magazine a month for 16$ a month (to cover shipping and handling) I get a catalog of magazine to choose from and can change it every month. Not much of a mag reader but SURE why not. Also a month of a "benefits" subscription full of discounts and coupons etc.

46$ every three months for the mags, for 20 months, then the next 20 months is free (as long as I maintain the 46$ plan.) or 3.85 a week x whatever I want to do As long as it's paid within 4 month ranges.

Call was transferred to an administrator where I was given some more info then had to confirm some things with a machine. Apparently they'll charge me the 46$ in two weeks but if there's a problem then I can call and have it extended. problem like there's 3$ in my account.

Best case scenario: I get a 250$ walmart card and some magazines which I'll prob cancel.

Worst case scenario: Some fine sounding women have my card info, a card which can't be charged for more than what I have. '

Your opinions?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First Mistake, thinking a phone call from anywhere out of state just randomly picked you for something you had no clue you were in.

Second Mistake was giving them yer info!

Third Mistake, thinking that $46 every 3 months turns out to be a wiped out account but you already said yous got no monies.

Wether you really did this or yer just yanking us for kicks, your going down in flames! Like Jeff Dunham said, "You the dumb hoe!"

First Mistake, thinking a phone call from anywhere out of state just randomly picked you for something you had no clue you were in.

Second Mistake was giving them yer info!

Third Mistake, thinking that $46 every 3 months turns out to be a wiped out account but you already said yous got no monies.

Wether you really did this or yer just yanking us for kicks, your going down in flames! Like Jeff Dunham said, "You the dumb hoe!"

Oh I did. Apparently I had already signed up for something (they had every bit of info already)

I sell my soul to marketing companies and survey sites for money. (20$ a month or so)

Just got off the phone with the customer support, talked with some dude for a minute. Basically getting a 250$ walmart card for buying a magazine subscription.

The "YOU'VE WON!" part is just the hook.

16$ a month isn't bad considering I get to change the mags every month. not as good as 12$ a year Playboy though.

go for it !!!

what could possibly go wrong !!!

make sure you give them your security code , and full name from your credit card ....

Good luck trying to cancel ,,, they will sell your info faster than you can bloop bloop in the toilet

And if you think $16 is all you'll get charged ,,, you got a big ol christmas surprise comin yer way !

:lol:

Debit* card

As long as I get my voucher (3-4 days) before I cancel, I'm set.

it never works like that ! ggggeeeeessseeeee ,,,

debit's worse to use than credit ! credit is easier to dispute fraud ,,, in this case ,,, you're consenting

I have had PLENTY of fraud funny business happen on my cards and such ,,, it's a pain in the ass depending on what happened,,, who you bank with ,,,and ,,,whether ,,, you consented to the service to begin with ,,, which at times ,,, it can be difficult to explain you never heard of the service or transaction nor did you consent to ,,,

In an economic downturn ,,, and Holiday season ,,, there is more ,,, and more ,,, activity ,,, as well as "offers" like these

just tryin to help ! hate to see someone get ripped off !

Guest 510kamikazifreak

yellow%20sand%20hawaii.jpg

Would you like to see this beach everyday?

if you answer yes to this question.

Please foreward funds to *********

disclaimer.I will send this picture to your email on a daily basis

it never works like that ! ggggeeeeessseeeee ,,,

debit's worse to use than credit ! credit is easier to dispute fraud ,,, in this case ,,, you're consenting

I have had PLENTY of fraud funny business happen on my cards and such ,,, it's a pain in the ass depending on what happened,,, who you bank with ,,,and ,,,whether ,,, you consented to the service to begin with ,,, which at times ,,, it can be difficult to explain you never heard of the service or transaction nor did you consent to ,,,

In an economic downturn ,,, and Holiday season ,,, there is more ,,, and more ,,, activity ,,, as well as "offers" like these

just tryin to help ! hate to see someone get ripped off !

OH MAN it would suck if the stole my 3$

Chances are they'll try to charge it too much and it wont happen. I've tried to make a 102$ purchase online (had 101.54$) and it denied it.

Worst they're gonna do is try to take money I don't have.

Second call (gift department) came from a retirement home apparently XD

REGENCY RETIREMENT VILLAGE, 739 E 2ND NORTH ST, MORRISTOWN, TN

yup those fine sounding women are someones 80 yr old grandmothers who can't afford to live in retirement home so have to fund raise via scams

OH MAN it would suck if the stole my 3$

Chances are they'll try to charge it too much and it wont happen. I've tried to make a 102$ purchase online (had 101.54$) and it denied it.

*insert Facepalm* It's not the $3 you will be losing !!! ,,, they count on you thinking you have 'beat" their system or able to ,,,

I refer you to philcas1987's reply above ^^^ ,,,if you can't see the logic by naow or sequence/process of what happens ,,, I can't help you ,,,, good luck ,,, close/change bank accounts once the shit hits the fan :rolleyes: ( I've had to do it 3 times ! Fraud Fraud Fraud )

You said "Scam or legit" ,,,, so to answer your question ,,, it's a Scam ,,, good luck

IMHO ,,, the best manipulators you will ever encounter ,,, always leave YOU,,, the victim ,,, thinking YOU are in control ,,, all of the time ,,, ( when in fact as a person YOU are not in control )

My step dad got his information stolen one time.

His bank called him and said "you arent in New Mexico are you?" Of course he was not, and the bank immediately reversed the charge and canceled the card.

I like small credit unions. They treat you like you are their only customer.

His bank called him and said "you arent in New Mexico are you?" Of course he was not, and the bank immediately reversed the charge and canceled the card.

I was with a smaller credit union ,, loved it ,,,handled fraud well !!! they merged with large bank ,,, didn't like them much anymore after that ,,, stayed with it ,,,they hassled me about the fraud ,,, twice ,,, I since switched back to a smaller local bank/union ,,, both have advantages for sure !

Only thing I don't like about smaller unions is ,,, lack of locations to draw cash from if you need it ,,, errrrrrrrrr

Yeah my bank is pretty sweet.

They canceled my card for me like 5 minutes ago.

I'm supposed to get my "gifts" before the first charge and they already verified my card.

250$ at walmart is a lot of ammo and underwear. At this point they can't hurt me. chances are there were no gifts.

Why did I cancel my card?

I called the customer support number for some info and the guy asked me WHICH company I was calling about. huh? So he names the mountain something another that called me, and SUBSCRIBER SERVICES! As soon as he said subscriber services I called and canceled my card biggrin.gif

I scammed a scammer out of 300$ worth of game items once...