Project Addiction

Siqx20

So normally i dont like to jump the gun since i dont actually have the truck yet. but pic msging is being gay and i was trying to show datto510 what his truck looks like now. hopefully i dont jinx it haha.Its a pretty set deal. I have set up monday as the day i drive up to clackamas to pick up this truck and i told the guy I will be bringing cash. He said I have first dibbs and wont let it go till after i have a chance to take it home. he seems like a pretty cool guy.

Anyways here is what i believe to be the story. datto510 traded his 521 for a goon. all after swapping in his l20 and a dogleg. that owner converted the rear suspension to coilovers. then sold the project to the guy im buying it from now. this guy has been using the truck as a DD he doent know alot about it.He doesnt know what engine is in it and it is currently a 4 speed? maybe the dog leg was pulled? I hope not :( he said the truck still drives he drives it everyday. BUT the driver side coil mount is broken. needs to be re welded and while im there im going to re gusset everything so that doesn't happen again.

Other then what i have said and what u see in the pics is ALL i know. Rest assured come monday, tuesday at latest i will have lots more pics and info. I will keep u all posted.

I have named this project addiction cause i think im addicted to datsuns.... I wanted a smooth and comfortable DD so i bought a E30 BMW. I miss driving my 620 so much i had to buy another datsun pickup. so the bmw got sold and here we are. I have a feeling i will really enjoy the 521 while the 620 is down getting bagged.

1_IMG956483.jpg

IMG957675.jpg

IMG954796.jpg

IMG957763.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be lots of pics lol. First thing i will be doing is pulling the bed and finishing this rear end swap. This will also be my ride to this upcoming canby as i dont think the 620 will be done yet. BUT if it is my girly already said she would drive one of the trucks up :D I would feel like a bawse bringing 2 trucks to canby haha

I wish the guy hadn't fucked up the paint; what a retard. :no: Glad it got saved, though. You probably want to take some of those stickers off the back window, too.

DSCN0340.jpg

That blue is one of the coolest colors.. was good factory paint, too. Atleast from the before pics.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to own classics. :angry:

well i called my dad (who was buying my bmw) and it looks like he got layed off today :/ which really sux cause he was the provider for my mom and little brother. so since the bimmer isnt getting sold i cant afford the datto.. Im really bummed. Gonna throw the bimmer on CL tonight and see if i can get it sold in the next couple days. The seller finally got back to me so we will see if i can sell the bimmer before he sells the truck. if not then i guess it wasnt meant to be.