Guys who let their girls drive their datto

Okay, so occasionally I like to let the girl leave the kitchen, besides to do my laundry obviously, and one of those times is to work.

So we just moved to roseburg oregon, and got my 411 running the day before. Now we are here for my work, and she is doing the job hunt it is becoming apparent that she will have to be able to use one of my vehicles on a daily basis. So right now I'm stuck trying to figure out which one.

I have a 720, l20b, with an outlaw on it. If any of you have driven something with the outlaw 38/38 on it you know it's pretty hot. And soon enough my .490 Isky cam will be in there as well. So it's pretty quick.

Other option is the 66 411 goon with a J15. Turtle torque but amazing little car and hard to find.

Girl drives well, kinda clumsy, burns the clutch on the 720 so she doesn't have the jump forward with the big carb. But looks both ways, drives slow over bumps, doesn't do make up.

Hmm...so let's discuss!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sshhooott.............ive never let my girl drive my truck! especially wont now that my trucks got a brand new clutch. but she doesnt know how to drive stick (and i dont want to teach her on my truck haha) so your situation is a bit different. id say let er drive the 720, then eventually maybe look at gettin her her own datto

I taught MonkeyGirl to drive my 5 speed 210. She had a blast, but we were in a small closed parking lot.

I have yet to let her drive my 620. Not because I don't trust her, but because the 620 is a lot different then anything else she's ever driven. One day, I'll let her drive it. For now the ONLY people to drive the truck since I've gotten it was me, and Master-o-Turbonics that drove it last night.

Buy her a 89 Honda civic wagon. No one cares about those and they are super cheep

My brother and I bought one a few years back and literally beat the car to pieces laugh.gif

We drove it until it spun a bearing. Put in fresh bearings and dropped a rod the next way. LOL

She drives stick fine, right now she drives the 720 for my errands. I haven't let her drive the goon yet because....I don't know...just because. Right now me and Pumpkn210 are the only ones who have driven it.

She's gonna get her own datto when funds are in her favor. Which won't be till she has the job, hence the catch 22. She really wants something that is a 210. She likes hatchbacks and fastbacks.

my wife has driven my sr20det car with out me with her. She daily drove my starion with the boost cranked up. she daily drives my slammed 86 720. just gotta teach them what not to do and make them have insurance!

I'm in agreement with this guy! Seriously, if she can drive, and shows respect for the car, just let her drive the damn 411. Yes, it's a badass little car and becoming harder to find, but fucking christ, it's not the end of the world if she gets into a fender bender while tooling around town trying to make ends meet and find a job. Throw her a bone...