thermostat and gasket

hollywood7600

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kamakazi620

I can't get the right thermostat or the gasket for my 521. Napa autoparts gave me a bogus gasket for different type of vehicle. I dont know what auto parts store carry these items. Does any one know the part number to these parts to cross reference at another part store?

Bring the thermostat housing in with you and "test fit" the gaskets and thermostat before you buy!!!! Der Der

Napa has a 3 bolt gasket as well... Dont think Napa doesnt carry it, but as there is more than 1 option, and I would guess you didnt tell them 3 bolt, so they went with a 2 bolt one. They carry 2 brands of the 2 bolt one, and only 1 of the 3 bolt one.

Here is the part number for the Fel-Pro gasket at Napa: FPG 35228

Those numbers are the universal Fel-Pro numbers for the gasket, just not sure about the letters at other parts stores...

Here is a picture of the 3 bolt gasket pulled from Napa's website:

605976.jpg

As for running it without a thermostat. Eh, you live in a warm enough environment for it to not matter too much. If it is your only vehicle, go ahead.

Run a thermostat. The engine gives best performance and economy when warmed up thoroughly. Clearances are snugger with a properly warmed engine.

I think he was asking about can he run it without to the parts store to get a thermostat.

was asking about running without a thermostat, because my temp sending are not connected.

The temp sender is not a required part. You can run with that disconnected for years. It's better to run the engine with a thermostat than without, but you can run it temporarily without it. Maybe for a few days.