ka24de swap into 80' b310

ka-datsun

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea.......but if you use google just type what your thinking for your project, and put Ratsun at the end you`ll be amazed at what you find...And open yer wallet cuz there`s gonna be some spending going on all up in here..

Like..

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/27666-burleighs-ka-210-sedan-build/

and this from 1200.com

http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=KA_Engine_Swap

Get a h165 in the back and you will have more fun :cool:

Someone on here slipped the rear end from an '82-'83 200sx into a 210. The 200sx used an H-165 up until the Z22 motor in '82 when they swapped in the H-190. This would be the same rear end used in trucks and Maxima wagons and easily supports 185 ft lbs of torque.

The late S110 (200sx) rear is also coil and link and fit right in. It also has disc brakes.

I still have to do some more research but my buddy and I have been doing a comparison between his 86 corolla and my 210. If you are up for some fabrication I think it wouldn't be too difficult to put in a rear end from an 86 corolla. The lug pattern is identical and the overall length is about the same. I'm thinking you would just need to transfer over the spring seats and 4 link mounts, then have a custom driveshaft made. The idea behind this is that there are a lot more aftermarket options for LSDs with a corolla rear end over a datsun one. Has anyone else ever looked more into this? I have a KA24 that I want to swap into my 79 210 and I am trying to get a good idea of what i'm getting myself into before taking out a great running A14.

Holy fuck... '82-'83 200sx has an H-190, coil and 4 link, rear disc brakes and fits. Someone here did this swap.. it fits. H-190 is almost 7.5" good for 185+ ft lbs torque. Blow it up and there are lots of 521, 620, 720 trucks, 510, 610, Maxima goons with a wide variety of cheap replacements and ratios. Can't be any simpler, plus made by Nissan.

The '81-'82 200sx was the same except is H-165.

Thanks for the clarity datzenmike i knew the 200sx rear ends were better and they changed them over the years but I wasn't to clear on which rear ends they were. My only question is, how likely is it that I am going to be able to find an LSD for an H-165 or H-190.

As far as the corolla rear end holding the power of a KA, that's no problem. My buddy has a built KA24 that he put in his 86 corolla, Dyno'd at about 180ft/lbs to the wheels, and it holds up the power all day. He also has a KAAZ LSD in it that works great.

I personally love simple, so if I can drop in an H-190 and find an LSD I would be extremely happy.

You just need money to get the LSD. Buy one now. Nismo 2011 catalog list the H190 LSD. H165 can use the TRD LSD with small modifications.

If I was doing the fabrication/modification I'd just get a cheap junkyard rear axle with LSD. H165 or Toyoda Corolla diff will probaly last just fine if you aren't doing burnouts.

• 3 months later...