Jim's 1200 project

goes2fast

I've got a couple more pics to post today.

This is a couple more floor panels I replaced, one is the old one, the other is the new one before carpet.

OldNewpanels.jpg

This is my repainted grill with new Sunny emblem, and my rebuilt air dam.

NewAirDamandGrill.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are those floor panels? Where do they go?

That is the panel that goes right of the hatch over the spare tire. You can tell it's for the right side because it has the notch for the fuel fill tube, the left side is strait, except for the cutout for the wheel well.

That's what happens when you are a sedan guy, everything coupe specific is foriegn to you. :rofl:

• 4 weeks later...

does ur car have the h165 in it? if so are u interested in a center chunk that has a 4.11:1 gears and has been welded? got it for my car and mine has a h190....

As far as I know 1200s used the H145, and I have a conversion kit to put a H150 out of a B210 in and a H150 with 3.70s that I'm putting in. I'm going for gas milage, plus that will give me a complete B210 drive train. What did you get the H190 out of? Also what car used the H165?

Nice 1200 Jim. But why are you monkeying with that when you have a '55 bel air sitting in your garage? lol

Because I need a daily driver that gets great mileage, and it's a blast to drive. Also it's a 57, not a 55, want to borrow my glasses? LOL :lol:

As far as I know 1200s used the H145, and I have a conversion kit to put a H150 out of a B210 in and a H150 with 3.70s that I'm putting in. I'm going for gas milage, plus that will give me a complete B210 drive train. What did you get the H190 out of? Also what car used the H165?

i cood be mistaken on the h165. i know its the smaller unit. my car had an h190 stock and i picked upo the new axle from the jy to weld and go drifting. after i welded it i noticed it was smaller. it came from a 65 410 with a 1300 in it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying again. Progress since returning from the Philippines.

First Flair.

FrontFenderFlair.jpg

First Side.

FlairsNewWheels.jpg

Front.

FrontFlair.jpg

Rear.

RearFlair.jpg

New Door Panel.

NewDoorPanel.jpg

New Gauge Panel, Oil Pressure and Volt Meter so far.

NewGauges.jpg

New Seat with New Leather Cover.

NewDriversSeat.jpg

Wrong Embroidery in Wrong Location. Was Supposed to be Datsun Logo, waiting for replacements now.

Driversseatback1.jpg

I give up!

• Like 1

Your images arent showing.

I know, this is the second post of pics I've made since the changes, the first time was the same. I went back to try and edit, but couldn't find what I did wrong. When I hit save changes, and that fixed it. Tried the same on this one, but no luck. :no: The new format makes it easier to post pics, but there must be a bug in it?

2eDeYe' timestamp='1332348962' post='658016']

I fixed it for you. For some reason it did not like the capitalized %20%20and%20the%20lowercase%20%20. The new editing window is also a pain in the ass. :lol:

Thanks pal! :thumbup:

How did you fix it?

• 3 weeks later...

NIce. I grew up in the back seat of a 1200 fast back. They have a sweet spot in my heart.

I like most of what you are doing. Def go with smaller wheels tho!

I'm looking for better handling, so larger wheels and low profile tires are a must, and they are only 1 inch larger than what was on it. I just wish I could afford light weight forged wheels.