Im a datsun pusher

So while perusing craigslist as always I stumbled upon a green 72 dime. Troy ermish coilovers, l16 machined out to a 1.8 liter, a whole list of fixins. The guy wanted 3 grand or kickass tattoo work. I just happen to work at a kickass shop with kickass tattooists.

Get on the horn with the guy and start offering tattoos from someone I work with for the car. Being we are the only shop that got ahold of the guy we didn't have much competition.

Aaron (my buddy) only knows what I've told him about dattos in general, but knew enough to realize how fucking cool it would be to have a dime. He doesn't have a lot of mechanical skills but wanted to learn.

So we setup the time to check it out, fell in love, and drove it back to his house. Did I mention he can't drive stick yet so I drove it the hour back to his place?

Took a week of wheeling and dealing between me and the two of them, but what did I get out of it??

1. The dime will be mostly stock and quasi restored, no huge engine swap

2. The $300 in dime quarterly magazines that came with it

3. Get anotha motherfuckin datto back on the road.

Guy gave up on doing a swap and bought a WRX. Didn't drive the datto for years.

Without further ado a couple oics

IMAG0632.jpg

IMAG0626.jpg

IMAG0631.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No weiner tattoos, some zombie raven thing I guess.

It was a pretty good deal. He is going to need to replace the tierod and ball joint, clutch is starting to slip a little. But other than that she runs sweeeet. Engine purrs like a kitten.

He is going to join ratsun but doesn't want to until he gets alot of photos together. He looks over my shoulder to see how vicious we are about first posts with no OICS

Haha that fucker is so bad at posting.

I worked with him all day and all he was doing was saying he doesn't want to post till he has pictures that he took. So I told him to take atleast 30 oics of everything he wouldn't think to care about, so that way the R-team can tell him everything he didn't know.

Tomorrow thirsty savages.

Interior on this thing looked sweet, rust free floor.....I'm fricking jealous of him and I found it!