Windmill malfunctions (video)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol I'm not a big fan of those things exploding while I'm around!:lol:

ok hears a good one

A grade school teacher in Steuben County asked her class how many of them are "Hillary fans?"

Not really knowing what a Hillary fan is, but wanting to be liked by the teacher, all the kids raised their hands except one boy.

The teacher asked Johnny why he has decided to be different. Johnny says, "I'm not a Hillary fan."

The teacher says, "Why aren't you a Hillary fan?"

Johnny says, "I'm a George Bush fan."

The teacher asks why are you a George Bush fan?

The boy says, "Well, my mom's a George Bush fan and my dad's a George Bush fan, so I'm a George Bush fan!"

The teacher asks, "If your mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot, what would that make you?"

Johnny replies, "That would make me a Hillary fan."

Ever wonder why people hate politicians?

Ever heard of The Peter Principal?

Wikipedia:

The Peter Principle is the principle that "In a Hierarchy Every Employee Tends to Rise to His Level of Incompetence." While formulated by Dr. Laurence J. Peter and Raymond Hull in a humorous book which also introduced the "salutary science of Hierarchiology" "inadvertently founded" by Peter, their 1968 The Peter Principle, the principle has real validity.

The principle holds that in a hierarchy members are promoted so long as they work competently. Sooner or later they are promoted to a position at which they are no longer competent (their "level of incompetence"), and there they remain. Peter's Corollary states that "in time, every post tends to be occupied by an employee who is incompetent to carry out his duties" and adds that "work is accomplished by those employees who have not yet reached their level of incompetence".

Now take a long look at the pathetic group of candidates running for president. (and a not so long look at the present one) Now look at the last sentence. These are the fresh young ones in it to 'change things' and do all the work for those higher up. How did the higher up get there... mostly they had money and political skills (not to be confused with ability)

Uhhhh .... where were we? tilting at windmills?

I like that principal....it explains a lot about management at work. I could soooo rant about management....in fact, I did, but I deleted it. My back is just bad enough to keep me from becoming a manager myself :)

It explains almost everything.

People ask me why I don't try for a higher position in my company. I always say I don't want to reach my maximum incompetence. My boss likes that one. Actually I'm very lucky, I like what I do, (is there anything better?) I don't aspire to anything higher, I don't ask for raises (he likes that too) but he gives me them regularly including a small upward change in rank because I had maxed out my pay for that last position. I work out doors with a great partner in all weather, and sometimes we work damn hard! And when I get home there's no company politics to keep me up and I get a good sleep and I do it again the next day.

Well the weather does get crappy for sure but my wife runs an outdoors work and safety supply store, so I get to 'field test' rain gear and clothing. :D Then comes a job up in the hills, and the view... well it makes up for weeks of bad weather and you get to see things that few would be willing to go to the trouble for. But, I digress......