Can i swap cab's and bed's?

Eric

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they are very close. Reg cab short weelbase onto reg cab short wheelbase, reg cab long wheelbase onto reg cab long wheelbase and KC onto KC frames should work.

Because the long wheelbase frames are so similar I bolted my 620 KC cab to a 720 reg cab long wheelbase frame. The two front long box frame mounts had to be cut off and moved aboutr 9" to the back for the bed. Other than that it all fit just fine.

I put 521 cabs onto 720 frames, although I have never done both the cab and box, the front frame to body mounts under the radiator are exactly the right place(521 to 720), the front and back in cab mounts are no more than 2 inches off, which can be fixed with a 1X2 tube steel with a few holes made in them for bolts. It's not that difficult, just do your homework, measure everything twice. If the wheel base is to long or short, you can always modify the box, make it longer or shorter. What would be cooler than a really long 620 longbox

• 11 months later...